Cheesecake Flavoring To Make Cream Cheese Frosting?????

Baking By cakeymom Updated 28 May 2014 , 8:30pm by aimers88

cakeymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeymom Posted 1 Apr 2014 , 4:55am
post #1 of 11

AI need a good cream cheese frosting. I tried the Cream Cheese Emulsion and YUK! I just ordered the Lorann cheesecake oil flavoring hoping for better:grin: results. I am needing a shelf stable cream cheese frosting. I will also try one on this site. I think it was Earlines(sp)?

Any other suggestions will be appreciated.

Cakeymom

10 replies
cakeymom Posted 1 Apr 2014 , 2:11pm
post #2 of 11

Has anyone tried the cheesecake oil flavoring???  If so, was it good in flavor and achieve the desired results???

Cakeymom

bakernoob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakernoob Posted 1 Apr 2014 , 3:21pm
post #3 of 11

I've used a combo of Lorann's cream cheese flavoring and Watkin's vanilla nut with excellent results. Tastes just like cheesecake!!

cakeymom Posted 1 Apr 2014 , 4:59pm
post #4 of 11

Thanks for the confirmation!  I was hoping this would work.  Only thing, since this is for an event I better by pass the Vanilla Nut flavoring and just use a good Vanilla flavoring.

Cakeymom

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 2 Apr 2014 , 2:55am
post #5 of 11

Hi, I am sending u this link, for you to see carmijok c/c recipe. I love it. others on this site also love it. I don,t like the one that uses shortening also. some people do. To me, it doesn,t taste like the real c/c that we all want. Please try carmijok recipe. She worked at a bakery and that is all they used. She only uses c/c for her cakes. You will love the taste. I do use a little vanilla sometimes. Other times , I don,t..

http://cakecentral.com/t/746115/cream-cheese-icing

Rosegin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosegin Posted 2 Apr 2014 , 7:35pm
post #6 of 11

Can anyone explain to me why frosting with butter and sugar is shelf stable, but frosting with butter, sugar and cream cheese isn't?  I don't get it.

Rfisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rfisher Posted 2 Apr 2014 , 11:47pm
post #7 of 11

AButter is around 20% water. Cream cheese can have up to 55% water. It is all about water activity.

Rfisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rfisher Posted 2 Apr 2014 , 11:56pm
post #8 of 11

AAnd I believe, not all butter/sugar buttercreams would pass testing if submitted, if not enough sugar was present. My opinion, YMMV. Check your local guidelines for something to bet money on.

cakeymom Posted 5 Apr 2014 , 11:46pm
post #9 of 11

AOkay I tried Lorann's Cheesecake Oil Flavoring. One word - FANTASTIC!!!!!!

I did use some cream cheese, butter, but mostly hi ratio shortening, and powdered sugar. Amazing!!!!! I will do it added to plain American buttercream. Looking forward to the results.

Cakeymom

cakestomuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestomuch Posted 9 Apr 2014 , 8:59pm
post #10 of 11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosegin 

Can anyone explain to me why frosting with butter and sugar is shelf stable, but frosting with butter, sugar and cream cheese isn't?  I don't get it.

Here is a link to the Texas cottage food safe recipes for cream cheese recipes. These are approved for Texas and maybe not where you live but I don't know if that is a concern for you. Hope this helps.

http://texascottagefoodlaw.com/Resources/Recipes

aimers88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aimers88 Posted 28 May 2014 , 8:30pm
post #11 of 11

Quote:

Okay I tried Lorann's Cheesecake Oil Flavoring. One word - FANTASTIC!!!!!!

I did use some cream cheese, butter, but mostly hi ratio shortening, and powdered sugar. Amazing!!!!! I will do it added to plain American buttercream. Looking forward to the results.

Have you tried this with your plain American buttercream recipe yet?  How much flavoring did you use?  I tried this with my normal buttercream recipe however, I only used half the amount of the Lorann oil compared to what I normally use in vanilla/butter extract (basically I followed the directions on the Lorann oil bottle).  It really did not taste cream cheesy to me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%