This Brilliant Recipe From Martha's New Book

Baking By -K8memphis Updated 19 May 2014 , 2:39pm by theresaf

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 Mar 2014 , 1:56pm
post #1 of 15

i'm doing one of these for hubby's birthday or something soon--it's from her new pretty book "cakes"

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/chocolate-chip-cookie-icebox-cake.html

i'm sure there's a bride somewhere that will be requesting this before long--peeps--it's gotta 4 hour window of safety to be out of the fridge--so it's possible but handle with care--

♥ best wishes for the best spring sunday

14 replies
Krypto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Krypto Posted 30 Mar 2014 , 2:05pm
post #2 of 15

AThat looks so good! Thanks for sharing.

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 30 Mar 2014 , 2:31pm
post #3 of 15

Looks yummy!

I have a similar recipe from Martha, it was posted in a large magazine.   It uses 5 - 6" round cookies instead if little individual cookies. 

It's very similar.  This one looks delish.  It's a keeper.

Thanks.

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 30 Mar 2014 , 3:22pm
post #4 of 15

AI saw that masterpiece in a magazine a year ago and saved it then I saw Martha make it on The Kitchen yesterday. Sounds like a great plan K8! Yum!! Theresa

-K8memphis Posted 16 May 2014 , 1:55pm
post #5 of 15

so i have gathered all the ingredients to make this for hubby's b-day but he grazes through the house at night for sweets and he got into the dang chocolate chips--omg! but i already was injecting some toffee chips in there so it will balance out--

my point here is i didn't want the toffee chips + milk chocolate you can buy at the store get so i de-chocolated six heath bars and harvested the toffee out which was so easy and nearly brilliant heheheh

so if it turns out it will post a pic and i also got some maker's mark and some jack daniels--trying to decide which to use...no wrong choice huh

MsGF Posted 16 May 2014 , 2:56pm
post #6 of 15

Can't wait to see the pic.   

Tell the DH if doesn't stop eating the ingredients there will be no birthday cake, LOL!  Just a bag of choc chip and naked heath bars and a swig of whiskey to wash them down.

I think Jack Daniels is very strong in flavor, taste and smell.  So unless you like that I would use a milder one.

Good luck and have fun.

theresaf Posted 16 May 2014 , 2:59pm
post #7 of 15

Perhaps you need a better ingredient hiding spot Kate!  I try hiding chocolate chips from myself but that doesn't work either !

Theresa

mzteaze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mzteaze Posted 16 May 2014 , 4:42pm
post #8 of 15

AMy DH will eat the chocolate chips if I leave them out too. But he won't eat them if I put the bag in the freezer, haha.

-K8memphis Posted 16 May 2014 , 7:40pm
post #9 of 15

i mean he has no clue as to where i keep my bag of chocolate chips hidden--hahahaha

theresaf Posted 16 May 2014 , 7:44pm
post #10 of 15

Now that's more like it!

hahaha

mzteaze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mzteaze Posted 16 May 2014 , 8:55pm
post #11 of 15

ALol at us hiding stuff.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 16 May 2014 , 10:02pm
post #12 of 15

It's a Cookie CAKE, what an interesting idea.  It would probably work with regular Cream Cheese also.

Or cream cheese SMBC...........Oh yummy.  Thanks for Sharing K8Memphis.

-K8memphis Posted 17 May 2014 , 4:18pm
post #13 of 15

i wound up tripling the booze, i used the makers mark and you really can't taste or notice it--the cookies were real crunchy especially with all that toffee overload and this morning wow it's cuts like buttah -- the cream tamed the raging sweetness of the cookie-- it's kinda like banana pudding without fruit

and what i learned-- i always trouble shoot what i make-- 

baking off exactly two inch coookies was a challenge with the toffee chips in there--if i had chilled the dough or baked them in a muffin pan if would have been spot on  and that's what i really liked about the cake was the dimensions--but i tested it and it was close enough for a family cake--and if i had piped the topping onto the outer rim of cookies it would have been more like martha's picture--and i still have the cup of cream left in the fridge to make the topping--i did not need it -- i had plenty with the batch of 3c cream and marscapone that you whip for the assembling--

my husband loves it -- 

MsGF Posted 17 May 2014 , 7:45pm
post #14 of 15

Looks and sound yummy.  I think I will give it a try to.

I trouble shoot all recipes to.

theresaf Posted 19 May 2014 , 2:39pm
post #15 of 15

Looks great! 

I call that serving size  :2 !

T

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%