So - What To Do When You Get Conflicting Business Information?

Business By pxinos Updated 30 Mar 2014 , 2:39am by MimiFix

pxinos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pxinos Posted 30 Mar 2014 , 1:41am
post #1 of 2

I'm in the process of acquiring my license (operating out of rented kitchen space).  I understand everything up until I get to collecting sales taxes.  Do I need a license in each county/city I might actually deliver a cake to?  Since I won't have an actual store front, this is beyond possible.  I've been told yes and no by 2 different CPAs. I'm in North Alabama if anyone local can chime in, I'd appreciate it. 

1 reply
MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 30 Mar 2014 , 2:39am
post #2 of 2

Your license to collect sales tax comes from the state. Contact your state tax dept. And read this, it's quite helpful

Quote by @%username% on %date%