Can I Successfully Freeze A Cake With 2 Layers Of Blueberry Creme Filling?

Decorating By andreagopp Updated 29 Mar 2014 , 10:10pm by icer101

andreagopp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andreagopp Posted 28 Mar 2014 , 1:55pm
post #1 of 3

AToday, Friday, I have to freeze a cake for a baby shower with blueberry creme filling. It will be served on Sunday. Should I freeze it or just have them keep it refrigerated? I am worried bout the filling seeping through the cake. Can I even freeze a blueberry creme filling? It's a gender reveal cake so I can't have any surprises leaking out. It's just white cake with buttercream icing. Another question: they will have to defrost it so what is the best way? Fridge...counter....plastic wrap on or off? It's a simple white buttercream design, nothing intricate. Thanks for the help!!!

2 replies
cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 29 Mar 2014 , 1:42am
post #2 of 3

Great threads on here about freezing fully decorated cakes successfully. The gist of it is boxing cake, wrapping box in several layers of cling film , (saran) freezing cake. Frozen cake removed to fridge for 24 hours still wrapped then 4-6 hours before eating placed on counter still fully wrapped to come to room temperature. 

I tried it last week as an experiment , just a torted sponge with jam and buttercream and a gumpaste rose. Worked great, cake was still moist, no harmful condensation.

Good luck

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 29 Mar 2014 , 10:10pm
post #3 of 3

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%