Wedding Cupcakes

Baking By kiddoscakes Updated 4 Apr 2014 , 4:59am by barmer

kiddoscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiddoscakes Posted 25 Mar 2014 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 5

I need some advice.  My sisters sister in law has asked me to make 250 cupcakes for her Wedding in May.  I have no problem doing this, however, I am wondering about transporting them. I would have to bring them maybe 20 miles away so not far. Do I bake and fully decorate all of them the day before and just go to the reception hall and set them up the day of?  Or do I bake them the day before and decorate them at the reception hall the morning of the wedding?(or during the wedding)  I'm not sure I'll have enough fridge room for 250 cupcakes but only two flavors(approx. 125 cupcakes) would need to be refrigerated.  Do you normally put "flavor cards" with each group of cupcakes?  Any advice for a first time wedding cupcake maker would be great!

Thanks!

4 replies
Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 25 Mar 2014 , 6:36pm
post #2 of 5

I put them in large sheet cake boxes reinforced with a bottom sheet of cardboard to prevent bending. I frost and decorate them in the box. That way you don't have to handle them twice. If you put them close together, they will travel just fine.

Others have said that the flat rubbermade totes for under your bed work well too. I have found that the sheet cake boxes travel well and if you put some non slip material roll between them, you can stack them a couple of levels high without problems.

Rosegin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosegin Posted 27 Mar 2014 , 6:30pm
post #3 of 5

I buy plastic clamshell containers for transporting my cupcakes.  Each one holds a dozen.

daisybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisybee Posted 30 Mar 2014 , 9:41pm
post #4 of 5

AI have those cupcakes carriers ta holding 24 cupcakes and this round cake carriers that holding 13 cupcakes and i put them in a styrofoam case to transport them. I always decorate the cupcakes before the party. Hope it helps!

barmer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barmer Posted 4 Apr 2014 , 4:59am
post #5 of 5

Hey, you can order delicious cup cakes on your wedding through many online stores at very cheap prices. Different varieties of cakes are available there and you will definitely like it.

Flowers Delivery in Bangalore

Online Flowers Delivery in Bangalore

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%