First Time Making Marble Cake And With Bright Colours

Decorating By hellosweetness Updated 20 Mar 2014 , 10:26am by hellosweetness

hellosweetness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellosweetness Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 9:46am
post #1 of 5

Hi there,

I've been asked to make a brightly coloured marble white chocolate mud cake using blue and green. I've never made a marble cake before and my questions are........do I just split the mixture in 2 and add blue food colour to one and green food colour to the other?? Then how do I go about the best marble effect??

Sorry if this is a very basic question but any help is greatly appreciated ::D

Cheers

4 replies
810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 10:16am
post #2 of 5

Yes, divide your mixture in two different bowls, mix in gel colour (I use Americolour for bright colours).  Use a bowl scraper or large spoon to drop the two colours randomly in your cake tin.  When all the cake batter is in the tin use a thin wooden sewer or something similar and swirl through the two colours to create the marble effect.

hellosweetness Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 11:25am
post #3 of 5

AThanks!! Random question...do u know if the Americolour would stain someone's teeth? I've had a special request to use colours that's won't stain teeth....my customer is quite specific in ALL aspects of the cake , lol

810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 20 Mar 2014 , 9:09am
post #4 of 5

Wow, picky customer, I have used Americolour in all different colours and strengths including the electric colours and the only thing that was stained were my hands and it was relatively easy to get that off.

hellosweetness Posted 20 Mar 2014 , 10:26am
post #5 of 5

Hehehe, I know, right! Their wish is my command ;)

Thanks again:-D

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%