I Like To Add A Small Box Of Flavor Pudding Mix Into My Cupcake Batter. What Is The Ratio? Will It Taste Good? Share Pleaseee

Baking By Anna1211 Updated 11 Mar 2014 , 1:34pm by Rfisher

Anna1211 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anna1211 Posted 11 Mar 2014 , 9:52am
post #1 of 3

Hi guys,

Im think about making  pistachio cupcakes. Im thinking about adding a small box of pudding mix into it. But how much do i add? What is the ratio? Would i just add the whole box? Im making 12 cupcakes. heres my recipe.

1 cup cake flour

½ cup whole milk, at room temperature

3 large egg whites, at room temperature

1teaspoon vanilla extract

¾ cup granulated sugar

2 teaspoons baking powder

½ teaspoon salt

5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened but still cool

Also, what if i recipe makes 24 cupcakes? Do you guys know how pudding mix work? what is your experience with adding pudding into cake batters? Please share. thanks so much

2 replies
Rfisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rfisher Posted 11 Mar 2014 , 11:21am
post #2 of 3

AFor this size recipe, I would not use the whole box, only 1/4 of it. I also think you'd have better luck in preparing the pudding and folding it in at the end. Test and let us know what you come up with. Have fun!

Rfisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rfisher Posted 11 Mar 2014 , 1:34pm
post #3 of 3

AYour question as for taste? That is subjective to each individual. For me, I'd either swirl in pistachio paste to the batter, or add the paste to the buttercream. If I was feeling really froggy, I'd make pistachio buttercream where you infuse them to the milk a la Warren Brown's peanut buttercream. I don't think the pistachio pudding would taste bad, I think the flavor ( and color) of the small amount of pudding into your recipe will not be very noticeable to someone tasting that did not know what you added. But hey, that little bit of something different that someone can't put their finger on, may be what sets your cakes apart and want others strive for. If you add too much pudding to get a real flavor out of it, to your recipe, my guess is that you will not like the other aspects of the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%