How Much Would You Charge For This Cake???

Lounge By efanning87 Updated 10 Mar 2014 , 4:11am by AZCouture

efanning87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
efanning87 Posted 9 Mar 2014 , 6:55pm
post #1 of 10

ALol, jk!! I'm new to cc and just wanted to say hi, I am Erica! I'm kind of new to cake decorating, however, I've been baking for years, just began dabbling in fondant (not very skillful). I made a Wiggles cake this weekend with buttercream and a couple fondant figures, 2 of the figures were flops so here's what I ended with. Thankfully everyone there thought it was amazing, I know there is room for improvement. Thank God for low expectations :). Here's the cake!

[ATTACHMENT=1551]image.jpg (1,549k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

9 replies
MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 9 Mar 2014 , 7:37pm
post #2 of 10

Way to start off a thread, Erica :wink:​. LOL, JK!!! But since you asked, Let me Google that for you.

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 9 Mar 2014 , 9:31pm
post #3 of 10

post #4 of 10

I would not charge anyone anything for that cake.

post #5 of 10

deleted repeat post

cakeyouverymuch Posted 9 Mar 2014 , 9:34pm
post #6 of 10

deleted repeat post

efanning87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
efanning87 Posted 9 Mar 2014 , 11:57pm
post #7 of 10

AI didn't add that I didn't (and wouldn't) charge anyone for that cake, it was for my nephew. It was not fun (didn't enjoy working with fondant). I much prefer bc.

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 10 Mar 2014 , 12:44am
post #8 of 10

Hi Erika.  Welcome to CC.  I would not be able to charge for that cake, but if I did ask for money it might only be for ingredients.  

musicmommy1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
musicmommy1 Posted 10 Mar 2014 , 3:52am
post #9 of 10

LOL- Like your sense of humor :) Keep on practicing lady!! Things rarely go smoothly the first time. It only gets better. And welcome!!!

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 10 Mar 2014 , 4:11am
post #10 of 10

ASomething to keep in mind for future reference, and when your figure work and general skills improve for selling, that something like that probably shouldn't be sold at a per serving price. Like, to me it looks like a smaller cake, which with a per serving price tag would probably not be enough to make any money on. You'll probably want to charge separately for the figurine work, and/or institute a minimum order amount. Do you understand what I mean by that?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%