CarmaS Massa Ticino Tropic - Fondant Recipe?

Decorating By GFliz Updated 9 Mar 2014 , 2:40pm by AZCouture

GFliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GFliz Posted 7 Mar 2014 , 10:26pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone have a recipe for this kind of "swiss" fondant?

5 replies
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 7 Mar 2014 , 11:32pm
post #2 of 6

AI wouldn't bother, just buy it if you like it that much.

AZCouture Posted 7 Mar 2014 , 11:33pm
post #3 of 6

AIt would be interesting to know what exactly makes it so good, durability and handling wise, and tasty.

GFliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GFliz Posted 9 Mar 2014 , 5:31am
post #4 of 6

Ha, no kidding! Except that I like to give my clients handmade baked goods at all times. Thank you for the suggestion though!

maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 9 Mar 2014 , 6:46am
post #5 of 6

Well, homemade always has it's place, but when a commercial product is better than what can be made at home due to product development and proprietary ingredients & processes, sometimes an exception may be a good idea.

Massa Ticino Tropic is a specialty product that has been specifically designed for use in warm, humid climates.  It's worth every penny if those are issues that plague a decorator.  It means less loss of time and product and certainly more confidence that the final product with retain it's good looks in a difficult environment. 

I don't know of a single homemade fondant recipe that can boast that result--because there has been no rigorous testing and no careful calculation of what specialty additives might help create such a product.

AZCouture Posted 9 Mar 2014 , 2:40pm
post #6 of 6

AOh trust me, I'm scratch all the way, with everything. But the fondant you speak of is the best stuff in the world, and I'd gladly give up scratch fondant if I could justify the cost.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%