Mothers Day Cookies Disaster!

Baking By TeaTimeCake Updated 12 Mar 2014 , 12:29pm by lcubed83

TeaTimeCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TeaTimeCake Posted 7 Mar 2014 , 6:32am
post #1 of 7

I started to bake some sugerCookies bouquet with sticks for mothers day occasion,, sadly it was cmpletely disaster experience, I donnow where exactly the problem was, i covered the cookies with fondant and it all fell apart.. the stick came out of the cookies which was soft and not hard enough! any help..

6 replies
sewsugarqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsugarqueen Posted 7 Mar 2014 , 6:36pm
post #2 of 7

You have to push the stick into the dough firm enough before baking.  I will on occasion put some dough over stick as well so when it bakes.. whole stick is covered.  Try gluing sticks with royal icing and let sit and dry really well.  Good luck.   When is Mothering Day this year?  

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 7 Mar 2014 , 8:28pm
post #3 of 7

I put the sticks on bags.  I just like my cookies in bags to stay fresh.  Here's an explaination with pictures within this thread, it's reply number 22 I think

http://cakecentral.com/t/619564/making-cookies-on-a-stick-but-not-sure/15

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 7 Mar 2014 , 9:19pm
post #4 of 7

Agreed, I make tons of cookies and have never been happy with cookies on a stick.

The taping a stick to the bag method is a pretty smart short cut. 

lcubed83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lcubed83 Posted 8 Mar 2014 , 3:27am
post #5 of 7

I have found that attaching sticks with candy melts works better than royal icing for me.  It is best to bake them in, but then you don't get as many on a tray, so baking takes a lot longer.  I don't care for the sticks taped the bag, but others have great luck with that.

You do need a firm cookie for on a stick, like the No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe on this site.

TeaTimeCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TeaTimeCake Posted 12 Mar 2014 , 4:28am
post #6 of 7

Thanks Ladies for ur replies... the bag stick idea sound great Shiny but I didnt get quite well the cndy melt method, where exctly do i melt the candy nd when? before or after bking..

lcubed83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lcubed83 Posted 12 Mar 2014 , 12:29pm
post #7 of 7

I melt the candy melts in a decorating bag, then pipe a blob on the back of the already-baked-and-decorated cookie, and push the stick into it.  Twist the stick to make sure it is embedded.

Someone else suggested this idea with Royal Icing; I just have better luck with candy melts.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%