Has Anyone Made A Cream Cheese Swiss Meringue Buttercream???

Baking By cakeymom Updated 8 Mar 2014 , 5:16pm by nicoles0305

cakeymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeymom Posted 6 Mar 2014 , 9:16pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone made a Cream Cheese Swiss Meringue Buttercream???  If so, did it act just a a regular Swiss Meringue in it consistency and workability?  Did allow for sharp corners???

Cakeymom

4 replies
rychevamp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rychevamp Posted 6 Mar 2014 , 10:51pm
post #2 of 5

I've made it before.  I replaced some of the butter with cream cheese.  It seemed like I had to add a good bit more cream cheese than just equal weight of butter I was replacing to get it to emulsify.  It's much more fluffy than regular cream cheese frosting.  I made if for a filling, so I can't say how it works for smoothing and getting sharp corners.  But, from what I remember from the texture, I think it would be similar to regular SMBC.

While I've never had much luck with her recipes, http://bravetart.com/recipes/swissbuttercream, scroll down a little past the recipe, and she has a cream cheese version. 

Sammy09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sammy09 Posted 6 Mar 2014 , 11:29pm
post #3 of 5

AThree little black birds blog has an amazing one.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 7 Mar 2014 , 3:07am
post #4 of 5

I think that Sylvia Weinstocks book from 20 years ago had a recipe for SMBC with cream cheese.

nicoles0305 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicoles0305 Posted 8 Mar 2014 , 5:16pm
post #5 of 5

I do a cream cheese IMBC. Mine is a little different though, I make a batch of plain old IMBC and a batch of plain old cream cheese frosting (butter, cream cheese, 10x) then mix them together. It hardens up in the fridge just like a regular IMBC and tastes delicious.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%