Sugar Cookies

Baking By Liciouszcakez Updated 5 Mar 2014 , 5:22pm by Sassyzan

Liciouszcakez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liciouszcakez Posted 3 Mar 2014 , 6:00am
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone!!!

ok so i have to make 100 cookies.

2 inch round each cookie. and i have to do the Cat in the hat top hat on them.

i was wondering if i can do this with anything else other than royal Icing or with the powdered sugar mixture.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Maybe a crusting butter cream?

4 replies
shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 4 Mar 2014 , 8:22pm
post #2 of 5

Have you worked with Rolled Buttercream?  It's awesome stuff.  Much like fondant, but tastes like buttercream you would use on cakes.  I use it all the time, rather than flooding with RI and you can detail immediately instead of waiting on flooded cookie to dry

Liciouszcakez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liciouszcakez Posted 5 Mar 2014 , 3:43pm
post #3 of 5

i havent really tried that before. sounds good. because going back and forth with the cookies feel like a lot of work. even though i know i will love them lol

can you share your recipe with me??

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 5 Mar 2014 , 5:10pm
post #4 of 5

here's the recipe http://cakecentral.com/a/rolled-buttercream

I use it all the time.  It's easy, tastes great, and cuts out flooding and drying time.  Just put it on, and detail over it, outline around it, whatever, I even press designs into it.

I keep a squeeze bottle with light corn syrup and those small tips that come with the squeeze bottles to use as my 'glue'

What I do is, Using a shaker of powdered sugar (like you would flour in baking cookies) I roll the RBC out VERY thin (because it is so sweet like buttercream) on a large cutting board,  put my cutting board into freezer or fridge to harden a bit, put 'glue' on the cookies while that's hardening, then use my offset spatula to pick them up and place on cookie. You need to use more powdered sugar than it calls for, because it becomes greasy after it sits, and your dried RI will sometimes pop off of a greasy RBC.

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 5 Mar 2014 , 5:22pm
post #5 of 5

AI work in royal icing. If I were doing that project, I'd do royal icing transfers. Print out a sheet of paper with as many hats as you can fit on. Lay a piece of parchment or waxed paper over top, and pipe the hats. Slide the paper out from underneath to move it to a new spot of you didn't fit 100 hats on the page.

Let them fully dry. Then flood your cookies, plop the transfer on, finish up with any borders you'd like.

Montrealconfections channel on YouTube has royal icing transfers tutorials. So does hanielas and a couple others. Doing it this way means you can work in batches and do a lot ahead of time. The transfers last indefinitely. Just keep them in a dark place so they don't fade.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%