Newbie Here...want To Introduce Myself

Lounge By gadgetgirlcakes Updated 27 Feb 2014 , 9:52pm by liz at sugar

gadgetgirlcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gadgetgirlcakes Posted 19 Feb 2014 , 5:06am
post #1 of 9

Hello everyone. This site was recommended to me by a classmate at my baking and pastry school. And it seems to come up whenever I google a baking question for cakes or cupcakes. I am a brand new baker who hopes to one day open a business...but that is way down the road I have looked at the work on this site and most of it is fantastic! I look forward to getting to know everyone and hope to learn a lot while I am here.

8 replies
gadgetgirlcakes Posted 19 Feb 2014 , 2:36pm
post #2 of 9

Thank you!

BeesKnees578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeesKnees578 Posted 20 Feb 2014 , 1:52am
post #3 of 9

Hellloooooo!

gadgetgirlcakes Posted 20 Feb 2014 , 2:04am
post #4 of 9

LOL..Hellloooo. My classmate told me that this is a very helpful forum and is very welcoming to people who avoid certain topics. I am Rebeka. I am in baking school right now. Next term, which starts in 2 weeks, we start basic cakes. I may have some questions when that comes up. It's great to find such an informative site. I have been looking at all of the pictures and recipes and it gets me very excited for a future in baking.

docofthedead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
docofthedead Posted 20 Feb 2014 , 3:26am
post #5 of 9

AWelcome GadgetGirl!!!! Enjoy!! Look around -and dont feel bad. Asking questions

:USA:

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 20 Feb 2014 , 7:26pm
post #6 of 9

Welcome Rebeka. Treat yourself to all the information and the beautiful galleries on CakeCentral.com.

Use the search button and read and research everything you're interested in.  Happy Baking,

Cheers,

mb

brendajarmusz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brendajarmusz Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 7:07am
post #7 of 9

AWelcome gadgetgirl, very nice to meet you. This is a great forum. I have found everyone to be very nice, yes i have seen my fair share of people getting kinda fussy but i have to admit i can understand why on most of it. The hot topic is when people ask how to price a cake etc. The reason we have this forum is to help eachother but they ( the well seasoned bakers and decorators) have had to go through years of lessons learned to get where they are at and some with no help of computers and internet so they have had to learn how things go by trial and error so when new people come on and dont do any research for themselves or make a few cakes for family and say im going to sell my cakes " how much should i charge?" It rattles people to no end. I have never asked a question on here for help except for a certain recipe and the response was good. People here know their stuff!!!!! Im here to offer my help to anyone so if you ever have a question feel free to ask any of us. The reason i went into this long thing lol is because some who are new that asked the price question may have been bent out of shape with peoples response so therefore they give cake central a bad name. But i really think you will love being a part of CC.

gadgetgirlcakes Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 9:32pm
post #8 of 9

I was warned by my friend about asking pricing questions..lol. Not an issue since I am still in school and not selling anything.

liz at sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz at sugar Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 9:52pm
post #9 of 9

Welcome Rebeka!  There is lots of great sharing here, you will love it!

Liz

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%