Help!!!! Baby Chef Needs Business Advice

Business By Cake Addit Updated 20 Feb 2014 , 6:49am by Cake Addit

Cake Addit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake Addit Posted 19 Feb 2014 , 1:44am
post #1 of 5

Hello Everyone!!! i just graduated from ICC New York in January and had to hurry back to my country, sadly did not get the chance to do my desired internship. 

Now i have been given an opportunity to start up a high end cake shop (totally didn't see it happening so soon)   which is cool, but i can't find some of the recipes/materials i need in the country. 

i know the major equipments i need to startup, but i don't know what brand is best and long lasting and if i should choose gas or electric oven.

having my own business has always been my dream, but honestly in this situation i don't know where to start and the deadline for the cake shop to be is the first week of April. 

Now this are my questions:

1. where do i get a reputable wholesale cake product supplier ( if that makes any sense) for my ingredients like chocolate, gelatin sheets, gel paste etc

2. which is the best oven to use in a professional kitchen, gas or electric?

3. if electric, which brand is most suited or advisable ( the power outlet here is a 3 pin outlet, similar to UK if i can remember)?

4. which is more cost efficient, shipping in my fondant or making it?

any advice you can throw my way will be well absorbed, i need all the insights not to fall too hard on my face.   

Thank you so MUCH!!!! 

4 replies
cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 19 Feb 2014 , 4:06pm
post #2 of 5

It would help if you stated what country you are in.

Cake Addit Posted 19 Feb 2014 , 5:30pm
post #3 of 5

I am in Nigeria.

ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 20 Feb 2014 , 12:32am
post #4 of 5

are you planning to buy internationally and have everything shipped in?

Cake Addit Posted 20 Feb 2014 , 6:49am
post #5 of 5

yes i am

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%