Replacing Photos In Albums

Decorating By sixinarow Updated 18 Feb 2014 , 4:07am by sixinarow

sixinarow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sixinarow Posted 15 Feb 2014 , 5:53pm
post #1 of 8

Is there a way to replace photos in albums without losing the comments or favorites attached to those pictures?  Specifically talking about possibly changing the name of my website so I would need to replace my watermarked pictures with pictures watermarked with the new domain name.

Thanks!

7 replies
sixinarow Posted 17 Feb 2014 , 4:31pm
post #2 of 8

Well, since there are crickets, I guess it means I just have to delete and re-post? Sorry for those of you who will be seeing old pictures posted in the gallery again! 

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 17 Feb 2014 , 8:27pm
post #3 of 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixinarow 

Well, since there are crickets, I guess it means I just have to delete and re-post? Sorry for those of you who will be seeing old pictures posted in the gallery again! 

The upside is we get to see your beautiful work again :smile:

sixinarow Posted 17 Feb 2014 , 11:49pm
post #4 of 8

Haha, it'll be deja vu  -- didn't I see that cake before... :wink:

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 18 Feb 2014 , 2:14am
post #5 of 8

If I'm remembering correctly, I don't think you can delete photos that have over a certain number of favorites.

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 18 Feb 2014 , 2:30am
post #6 of 8

I think Elcee is correct however the only person I know that also did this is FromScratch,SF.  I went to view all her pictures and there are now only 4 with her new name & logo.  You might want to pm her to see if CC let her take the old ones down.  I'm pretty sure she has uploaded more than 4 over the years.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 18 Feb 2014 , 3:29am
post #7 of 8

Now I'm wondering if that rule has changed. I just tried and was able to delete an old picture that had 17 favorites and a few comments. I would like to clean up some old photos that no longer reflect my work.

sixinarow Posted 18 Feb 2014 , 4:07am
post #8 of 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elcee 

Now I'm wondering if that rule has changed. I just tried and was able to delete an old picture that had 17 favorites and a few comments. I would like to clean up some old photos that no longer reflect my work.

I deleted a few that weren't watermarked about a month ago and they had more than 20 likes, so I think you can delete any of them. I was hoping there was a way to switch out an old picture with a new watermarked one without losing all the comments/favs tied to that picture. Sorry to the people who fav'd them to use for a future design! :(

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%