Business Vs. Personal Phone Dilemma

Business By QueenBee1 Updated 14 Feb 2014 , 2:26pm by QueenBee1

QueenBee1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenBee1 Posted 14 Feb 2014 , 3:07am
post #1 of 4

I am currently focused on growing my business. I'm trying to figure out if there is a fairly simple solution to handle my dilemma. I carry one cell phone, and I use the same phone number for personal and business calls. (It was my personal number first.) Does anyone know if there is a way I can keep one number and one phone (and distinguish business calls from personal ones). . . or if there's some technology that will allow me to have two phone numbers coming into one phone? Trying to avoid the expense (and headache) of juggling two phones and two phone numbers.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

3 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 14 Feb 2014 , 3:27am
post #2 of 4

If you can assign ringtones to differnt people, and not a lot of people have your phone number, you could assign the same ringtone to all of your personal contacts. Then if someone called without that ringtone you'll know it's a business call. If you do end up answering for the business but it's a friend they'll forgive you. Or just check the caller ID.

brenda549 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brenda549 Posted 14 Feb 2014 , 3:36am
post #3 of 4

I use Google Voice for my business line.  It is directed to my cell phone.  There is a setting in Google Voice that allows the GV number to show up on the caller ID.  I then went into my cell phone contacts and created a contact for my GV number.  Now my business contact shows when a business call comes through.  

Hope this helps.  

QueenBee1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenBee1 Posted 14 Feb 2014 , 2:26pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you both for the replies! I will definitely consider both options.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%