How To Operate Bompani Gas Oven

Decorating By MummeesOven

MummeesOven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MummeesOven Posted 8 Feb 2014 , 5:09pm
post #1 of 1

Hi everyone,

It's my very first post here. I'm a working mother who loves to bake. Was inspired to bake for my son's 2nd birthday. He's 4 now and still got a lot to learn (loving it!)

We just moved into a new place - new oven. I used to bake with an electric oven and now got a gas oven (Bompani in particular) and i'm totally lost. Went over the manual a lot of times and I'm still lost. Was wondering if anybody out there is using this kind of oven? Attaching photos here. Aside from the thermostat, I'm Not sure whether I should turn the other knob too (3rd knob on the bottom photo) because the first time I baked with this I turned this knob on as well and my cake turned very hard on top but the bottom center was still liquid. The second time I baked, I didn't turn this knob on (only the thermostat but, instead of 30 mins baking time it turned into an hour and the last 5-10 mins i had to turn the (3rd knob on the bottom photo) as well because the cake is still liquidy even after 45 mins baking aside from not rising very well.

Hope you can take time and advise.

Thank you.

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%