Naming My Cake Business

Decorating By mrspoppins84 Updated 8 Feb 2014 , 4:27am by mrspoppins84

mrspoppins84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrspoppins84 Posted 3 Feb 2014 , 9:20pm
post #1 of 9

Hi all!

I am new to this "Cake Central" and I must admit I'm addicted!!! I am going to start up a cake business - I have taken all the Wilton courses and now I want to go out and start on my own.

I am thinking of a name and I think I would like to incorporate my name in it. My name is Mary. So I was kind of thinking something like:

Mary's Custom cakes

MC Cakes (My first and last name)

Some other names that came to me was:

Cake That!

Bake That Cake

So as you can see I am not very innovative with making up names! Lol! Any help from my fellow Cake Centrals would be very much appreciated.

Thank

Mary

8 replies
LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 3 Feb 2014 , 10:37pm
post #2 of 9

Your bakery name is a very personal thing. I have limited advice:

1. Be sure you name your bakery something you will be proud to say out loud a lot! "Hi I'm Mary from Bakery Name" if it's long or rhymes and you feel silly saying it out loud, don't use it.

2. Be clear, Jack's Landscaping, Pacific Fabrics, Outdoor Depot, you know what they sell/do. I like both the first choices because you are Mary and you sell cake.

As a person who changed my bakery name once because I had a silly name I was embarrassed to say to people, I say choose wisely, changing your name is more difficult than picking the right one to start with.

JMO

mrspoppins84 Posted 3 Feb 2014 , 10:50pm
post #3 of 9

Thanks for your advice - very helpful!

Mary

sugarflorist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarflorist Posted 3 Feb 2014 , 11:01pm
post #4 of 9

APerhaps linking you business name to you lactation. A park or street . It has the advantage of tying you into the community you serve too.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Feb 2014 , 12:29am
post #5 of 9

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarflorist 

Perhaps linking you business name to you lactation. A park or street . It has the advantage of tying you into the community you serve too.

i am one of the world's worst at spelling and typing and grammar but this typo is cracking me up bad--

i think we need to re-think advising her to  link her business to her lactation--

gotta love those auto text things

:lol:

cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 4 Feb 2014 , 12:30am
post #6 of 9

A

Original message sent by -K8memphis

i am one of the world's worst at spelling and typing and grammar but this typo is cracking me up bad--

i think we need to re-think advising her to  link her business to her lactation--

gotta love those auto text things

:lol:

Rotfl

sugarflorist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarflorist Posted 4 Feb 2014 , 12:44am
post #7 of 9

AOmg how embarrassing lol I hate predictive text functions. Still at least it brought a smile ;)

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 4 Feb 2014 , 12:56am
post #8 of 9

If you're doing other things besides cakes - cupcakes - cookies - bars - cake pops, etc.  you could call yourself Sweet Mary's Sweets.  Or if that's too embarrassing to say, just Mary's Cakes & Sweets or Proud Mary's Cakes.  Or Cake Art by Mary.  It really has to come from you and speak to your heart.

mrspoppins84 Posted 8 Feb 2014 , 4:27am
post #9 of 9

AThank you all for your help. Get my thinking cap on now lol ;-)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%