Please Help Me With Wording Re: Delivery

Business By cakesbycathy Updated 29 Jan 2014 , 8:36pm by as you wish

nancylee61 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancylee61 Posted 28 Jan 2014 , 5:45pm
post #31 of 38

AI was just addressing the original question - I'm sorry, maybe I misunderstood? I though you were looking for a way to cancel the order, because of the cold.

My apologies, Nancy

Pearl123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl123 Posted 29 Jan 2014 , 8:46am
post #32 of 38

Great job OP, I'm glad you were so considerate and hope all goes well with your angel of a husband!

NancyLee61... I live in Sunny South Africa and even in the winter we have a max of -2/5 degrees Celsius. So I cannot begin to imagine extreme weather conditions. But even I can clearly see that such extreme cold does not mean "hey just put on a jacket and boots and you'll be fine"! I assume it affects the safety of the roads, the hazard of frostbite, visibility issues. I'm sorry but I would NOT just bundle up my kids and take them out in that weather. If schools are closed, that means its not safe for them to be travelling to school. Risk my kids health for a cake order? Never.

I just find it quite strange that you feel the need to compare saving a life to delivering a cake? Seriously?

I run a successful corporate business (not in cake) and we push to deliver our orders on time at all time. But if it meant putting a driver's life at risk - a driver who has a family back home who expects him to arrive at the end of the day safely - no, the customer needs to wait. And we inform them asap, we make arrangements for soonest delivery or alternative solutions and offer the best service we can.

Business is business. Life is life. I choose the latter when it comes to my family and I'm sure the OP does too.

cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 29 Jan 2014 , 10:17am
post #33 of 38

AOk nancy did apologise, so there is no reason to keep bringing it up. She has stated that she misunderstood the question as a lot of other people did too. I'm glad the order went well for the OP but I think we should just leave it at that.

Pearl123 Posted 29 Jan 2014 , 10:21am
post #34 of 38

Cakealicious - I see now Nancy did apologise, she says sorry she did not see that the OP had sorted out delivery. She did post 4 times in this thread prior about bearing the cold. That's what I was referring to.

nancylee61 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancylee61 Posted 29 Jan 2014 , 11:11am
post #35 of 38

A

Original message sent by Pearl123

Great job OP, I'm glad you were so considerate and hope all goes well with your angel of a husband!

NancyLee61... I live in Sunny South Africa and even in the winter we have a max of -2/5 degrees Celsius. So I cannot begin to imagine extreme weather conditions. But even I can clearly see that such extreme cold does not mean "hey just put on a jacket and boots and you'll be fine"! I assume it affects the safety of the roads, the hazard of frostbite, visibility issues. I'm sorry but I would NOT just bundle up my kids and take them out in that weather. If schools are closed, that means its not safe for them to be travelling to school. Risk my kids health for a cake order? Never.

I just find it quite strange that you feel the need to compare saving a life to delivering a cake? Seriously? I run a successful corporate business (not in cake) and we push to deliver our orders on time at all time. But if it meant putting a driver's life at risk - a driver who has a family back home who expects him to arrive at the end of the day safely - no, the customer needs to wait. And we inform them asap, we make arrangements for soonest delivery or alternative solutions and offer the best service we can.

Business is business. Life is life. I choose the latter when it comes to my family and I'm sure the OP does too.

I think it's just perspective on a few things. My dad had his own business as a carpenter and went out in the cold. No, he would never go out in the freezing rain or blizzards, but the cold didn't stop him. My kids were on a ski team and skied every Saturday and Sunday, yes, they were on the mountain in -30 degree weather, all day. They dressed warmly. They surely could have run from the house to the car and sat in the car for two minutes while I made a delivery. I wasn't choosing skiing over life. We just live with the cold here.

I did misunderstand, and the way I read it was the OP didn't want to deliver the cake, at all, if it meant going out. If my misunderstanding had been correct, that would have been a very flippant way to handle business. I'm sorry I even commented. Everyone's all upset because I thought an order should be delivered. The weathermen get us all riled up, it makes money. I touched some sort of third rail here and boy, do I regret it. Mea culpa. But really, to assume I choose business over life because it is cold out is really quite a personal attack.

I am done with his conversation. Nancy

Pearl123 Posted 29 Jan 2014 , 11:18am
post #36 of 38

(ducks outta here slowly). Oookay then. I still don't get it but am agreeing to disagree.

Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 29 Jan 2014 , 8:09pm
post #37 of 38

Hey guess what? IT SNOWED IN FLORIDA LAST NIGHT!8O

as you wish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
as you wish Posted 29 Jan 2014 , 8:36pm
post #38 of 38

A

Original message sent by Rosie93095

Hey guess what? IT SNOWED IN FLORIDA LAST NIGHT!8O

Craziness! (Here in Ontario I have been stuck at home all week due to excessive snow. Yuck!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%