Transfers On Oreo Cookies

Baking By WLYB Updated 2 Mar 2014 , 3:07am by ladyofivy99

WLYB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WLYB Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 11:11am
post #1 of 3

Has anyone used chocolate transfers when making chocolate coated oreos? When using an oreo cookie mould I read it was easy to use a 2" circle cutter (like for scrap booking). I purchased a Sullivans brand and it won't cut through the plastic backing of the transfer. Does anyone know of a brand that does please?

2 replies
W3ndy8ird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
W3ndy8ird Posted 19 Feb 2014 , 5:28am
post #2 of 3

AUsually a metal cutter works for me...but I wonder if the wilton product they make to cut their sugar sheets would work any? I would also suggest the obvious like a paring knife. Hope his helps, even though it's a late reply..

ladyofivy99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyofivy99 Posted 2 Mar 2014 , 3:07am
post #3 of 3

AI spread a thin layer of melted candy wafers over the transfer sheet (thin, but thick enough so that you couldn't see through the layer). I wait for it to harden, then use a circle cutter to cut the chocolate disks. The transfer stays on the disk, leaving the plastic behind, and I place them in the molds with the transfer side facing down, I put more melted candy wafer on top of the disks, place the cookie on top and push it down, then add more melted candy wafer. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%