Client Software Program

Decorating By rothells Updated 12 Feb 2014 , 9:19pm by rothells

rothells Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rothells Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 6:47am
post #1 of 6

Does anyone know of a free, or cheap software program that can be used to keep track of clients and their purchases?  I would just like something, that I could put the clients name, phone number, size cake they ordered, the price and the date, (and maybe even a picture of the cake) I know I could just make an excel sheet up, but would like something that I could pull up the clients name and see all the past purchases. This would be helpful for the times they call and say, " I want the same size I ordered last time"  or " I want to order the same cake you make for Mrs. Jones'' I wouldn't have to refigure cost, I could just look it up.

I would really like to eventually get a nice cake decorating software that does it all (from the finances to the decorating aspects) down the road, so if you know of any programs like that as well, I would love to hear about what's out there and your opinions on them.

5 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 9:35am
post #2 of 6

I think Cake Boss lets you do this. Otherwise, an excel spreadsheet would be the way to go. If you put the clients name in against every cake they ordered, using Ctrl + F and typing that name, would take you to all their orders. And it would be free. You can insert an image of their cake too, although I would also be inclined to save the picture with a filename including the name and date of the customer/order.

rothells Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 7:34pm
post #3 of 6

thanks Dayti, I didn't know hitting ctrl F would do that. I do have excel, I guess I just need to learn to use it fully! I did check into the cake boss program last night when I was searching online, it really looks amazing. The only things that's holding me back is I hate it that you have to pay a yearly fee after you purchase the program. Does anyone else use it? Is it worth spending the extra money yearly?

rothells Posted 12 Feb 2014 , 7:14am
post #4 of 6

well, I gave in and purchased the Cake Boss software, I am still working on getting everything put in there, but it was totally worth the price. I  think i'm going to love it.

AivaCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AivaCake Posted 12 Feb 2014 , 1:22pm
post #5 of 6

ALet me know what you think of it. I'm always weary of new software! Haha! Especially one that requires an internet connection. I'd hate for there to be a glitch or something go wrong when the creator is out of town or sick or something when all of us are relying on it and there is no backup program!

rothells Posted 12 Feb 2014 , 9:19pm
post #6 of 6

I like it, I don't regret purchasing it at all. I did see, you can buy just the program itself, where you don't have to have the internet for it, but I like the idea of being able to use it on my phone if im not at home when I get a call. no more saying, ''i'll have to call you back when i'm home and can check my appointment book''

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%