Monster High Cake

Decorating By Gina1962 Updated 26 Jan 2014 , 9:35pm by Gina1962

Gina1962 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gina1962 Posted 26 Jan 2014 , 5:34pm
post #1 of 3

Hi, I am making a Monster High Cake and have been looking through all the brilliant photos on here.  My question is, is it too difficult to actually cut out the diamond shape and insert a diamond of another colour and then attach it to the cake, and if I did this would it be easier to do a top and then go round the sides (which have the diamond inserts) bandage style?  Or would it be easier just to place a diamond on top of the base fondant?  Or cut out diamonds once the base fondant has been placed on the cake and then insert another diamond of a different colour?  I am a novice so the easiest method is preferred!

Many thanks

Gina

2 replies
SweetCheeksCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCheeksCake Posted 26 Jan 2014 , 7:22pm
post #2 of 3

I think it would be easier to just attach a diamond shape to the side. You can put another diamond on top of that one before putting it on the cake, if you want that look. I'd get worried about making the diamond pattern on a huge piece and then wrapping the cake. It might stretch and distort the diamonds. It would also be difficult to get it to align on the top and the bottom.

Gina1962 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gina1962 Posted 26 Jan 2014 , 9:35pm
post #3 of 3

AThanks, that's what I thought too. I will just add the diamonds afterwards x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%