Attention Illinois Bakers/cooks - Need Your Help Re Cottage Food Law

Business By chaka1 Updated 15 Feb 2014 , 2:11pm by nikki1227

chaka1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaka1 Posted 21 Jan 2014 , 9:08pm
post #1 of 8

A gal over at the Wilton site has put together a petition regarding updating/changing the Illinois Cottage Food Law. She needs your help in signing her petition. I think you have to be an Illinois resident, so if you are please read the petition below (it's only about 3 small paragraphs) and sign. It's actually not just for bakers. So Illinoisans please sign and pass it on to others to sign.

She says " I recently was contacted by a group that actually knows how to accomplish this sort of thing and there is now a petition that we can circulate to anybody in Illinois to sign in support of our cause."

http://campaigns.peers.org/petitions/give-il-home-cooks-a-real-chance-amend-the-cottage-food-laws-now

7 replies
HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 21 Jan 2014 , 11:56pm
post #2 of 8

AThanks for posting! I live in Illinois and I so agree with them changing the new policies! Pam

chaka1 Posted 22 Jan 2014 , 1:15am
post #3 of 8

Thanks Pam. Pass the info on to any other Illinois bakers/cooks or even friends that would be interested. This is so badly needed.

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 22 Jan 2014 , 11:27pm
post #4 of 8

AI promptly sent this out on my facebook yesterday. We need a change, Illinois is in bad shape financially! Thanks for posting!

chaka1 Posted 22 Jan 2014 , 11:41pm
post #5 of 8

Thank you so much for posting this. She needs 100 signatures and is at 79 right now.

cakedujour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedujour Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 2:02am
post #6 of 8

AHi, I'm the gal over at the Wilton board who has this petition to improve the cottage food law in Illinois. Thank you all for your support and signatures. I'm hoping to have this catch fire across the state so please share the petition with your Illinois friends. Let's get our legislature going! Thank you again!

chaka1 Posted 14 Feb 2014 , 8:30pm
post #7 of 8

It looks like she's still going here and is close to 500 signatures. If you live in Illinois, please consider signing.

nikki1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki1227 Posted 15 Feb 2014 , 2:11pm
post #8 of 8

I just signed. It would be great if the state changed the laws. Thanks so much for starting this petition!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%