Canopy For Carousel Cake

Decorating By Manda2506 Updated 20 Jan 2014 , 7:04pm by Manda2506

Manda2506 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Manda2506 Posted 20 Jan 2014 , 5:10pm
post #1 of 4

ACan anyone help as im running out of time and ideas.....I am making a carousel christening cake for this week, I'm not sure which way would be best to attatch the canopy, its half round styrofoam cake dummy with a small domed cake on top, im not sure how to balance this safely and make it quite sturdy, any ideas welcome Thank you Thank you Thank you

3 replies
savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 20 Jan 2014 , 5:46pm
post #2 of 4

HI maybe this will help

Audreygb  on CC once posted

"i have complete instructions for the cake that you want to make. They use a empty kitchen towel roll and eight dowel rods. They balance another cake on a board on these. if you give me your email address I can scan it at work tomorrow and email it to you....and anyone else that wants it!! "

Maybe you can contact her.  

Also there are tutorials if you google it.  Which one you would use depends on the look you want to achieve for your carousel. Some have very thick center columns which would support your top tier.  Others have thinner dowels which are glued to a cake drum, some have both.  Here's a pic:

I hope that helps! Good luck!

savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 20 Jan 2014 , 5:53pm
post #3 of 4

also, Wilton has a merry go round cake, you could look at that to get ideas. I think you do a great job!

Manda2506 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Manda2506 Posted 20 Jan 2014 , 7:04pm
post #4 of 4

AThank you for your reply, I looked at wiltons but wanted something a bit different, I think I may go with using a cake dummy and a wider centre collumn for the top as I'm worried about transporting

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%