Cake Pricing

Decorating By yummycake21 Updated 21 Jan 2014 , 1:17am by yummycake21

yummycake21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummycake21 Posted 20 Jan 2014 , 8:43am
post #1 of 3

AHi I have a pickle, a friend would like me to make her friends wedding cake an as a new business I am unsure on the price 4 tiered purple with gum paste butterflies Please help

2 replies
Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 20 Jan 2014 , 9:36am
post #2 of 3

AAs a new business you really must get a firm idea of pricing, I find it helps to work out exactly what you would/should charge any one else and then give a firends discount.

Are you experienced anough to know how long it will take you to make this cake and how much the ingredients will cost? If so add up your costs including cake boxes, etc, if you aren't invited to the wedding add transport costs too! Then give yourself an hourly wage and there's your total.

If not use something like tesco grocerys to search for your ingredients and work out how much it will cost you to make this cake and allow a conservative estimate of 10-14 hours work at whatever wage you would be happy with.

Take a look at these topics for more advice: https://www.google.co.uk/#q=cake+central+cake+pricing

yummycake21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummycake21 Posted 21 Jan 2014 , 1:17am
post #3 of 3

I live in australia so the pricing for these places confuses me

i have given myself a wage of $19, that times 14 hours and then 35% so i worked it out as $350 i want it to be a fair price for both me and the bride to be, she was quoted by another person $500.00 so am i being to generous or asking for to much?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%