Disaster Cake Using Silicone Mould

Decorating By archana119 Updated 27 Jan 2014 , 7:34am by MBalaska

archana119 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
archana119 Posted 19 Jan 2014 , 4:12pm
post #1 of 8

Hi....I use metal moulds to make cake it came out perfectly...but when I used silicone mould the cake came out as a disaster..should I do anything in tat mould?? or should I add anything while using silicone mould??....please someone help me ..to make cake perfectly from silicone moulds...

7 replies
SweetCarolines Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCarolines Posted 19 Jan 2014 , 4:46pm
post #2 of 8

I've only used silicone molds to make mini flans, panna cotta, mousse, etc. Never for a full cake, but...

Make sure your silicone mold is resting on a sheet tray and that it's not tilted to one side or the other, that it's not crooked, etc. Pour the batter slowly and tap the sheet tray to the counter carefully before it goes in the oven. Pretty sure, just make sure the shape goes on the sheet tray undisturbed. 

Does that make sense?

sugarflorist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarflorist Posted 19 Jan 2014 , 5:12pm
post #3 of 8

not a fan od silicone cook ware everytime i have use one the cake breaks as i turn it out. great for chocolate work though

archana119 Posted 21 Jan 2014 , 11:53am
post #4 of 8

@Sweet Carolines... I do understand...thank u so much....

@sugarflorist.... I too used it for chocolates and it worked out...but my full cakes only going for a disaster.. :(

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 21 Jan 2014 , 2:38pm
post #5 of 8

They work fine for small cakes but not full sized cakes. Use metal pans instead.

archana119 Posted 24 Jan 2014 , 2:55pm
post #6 of 8

I have metal pans too....but the silicone molds has different shapes which are not in metal molds...so I got those silicone...now cake came out so well....but my icing is problem couldn't get that correct shape when I apply cream to it :(

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 2:56am
post #7 of 8

Silicone cake ball pans don't work. They are too flexible, and when the cake rises in the oven it lifts the top and makes a complete mess. I have a friend who discovered this and I ended up having to lend her my metal cake ball pans for her daughter's birthday.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 7:34am
post #8 of 8

Tried the silicone mold pans, everything stuck and was lopsided.  Awful luck with cake, tossed them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%