How Many Cupcakes And Cookies?

Baking By blucafe Updated 18 Jan 2014 , 8:50pm by johnson6ofus

blucafe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blucafe Posted 15 Jan 2014 , 11:35pm
post #1 of 5

Hey everyone, we got invited to an event where we'll be able to sell cookies and cupcakes.They estimate 1000 people to attend and we'll be the only ones selling desserts, there will be a taco stand and that's about it. The event lasts three hours. How many cupcakes and cookies do you think we should bring? I don't want to run out but I also don't want a lot to go to waste. Thanks for the input!

4 replies
minions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minions Posted 17 Jan 2014 , 7:01am
post #2 of 5

AYou would need to have a budget. You would also need to know how many you can make from the money you are willing to use. Since the estimation is 1000 people you obviously need to have more than that. It is very hard to not have leftovers. Make only a few extras and keep them hidden. Once the stall is about to close about 1h left and you still have people buying, then gradually put out more little by little to make people think that you enough. However be sure to not put too many at once otherwise people might think that you have so much In stock because your merch isnt good. Anyways. It all depends on how many of each you want to sell. I would say as a fixed amount 500 each cupcakes and cookies. But make about 200 more, 100 of each as extra. It is always good to have extra product, it is never good to run out because that way you would be loosing customers. As for not wanting waste, start giving the customers deals eg. Buy 1 get 1 free, this attracts people because people love free things, and this also would decrease your 'waste' or inventory. However dont do this if you are meeting your sales profit estimation, you can if you want but it may not work. Happy to help :) I have d9ne this before so i know exactly how you feel ;) Let me know if i helped.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 17 Jan 2014 , 8:06pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by minions 

Since the estimation is 1000 people you obviously need to have more than that.  

Way too much. You'll certainly have leftovers, even with reducing the price. (Why would a vendor make this much knowing they would have to give product away?) 

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 17 Jan 2014 , 10:39pm
post #4 of 5

AI probably wouldn't take more than 300 total pieces. Runnjng out is NEVER a bad thing. It builds a mystique and the next time you do an event, people will be sure to buy earluer. Discounting at the end of the event is a terrible idea. You're teaching your customeds to wait till the end of the event to get a deal. This inventory management thing is critical to my dessert (food) truck.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 8:50pm
post #5 of 5

Numerous other threads seem to agree on 1/3 of attendance... so Leah is right on the numbers (as always). 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%