Loose Based Tins Or Not?

Decorating By danielle1986 Updated 20 Jan 2014 , 11:45am by MyFairDiva

danielle1986 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danielle1986 Posted 15 Jan 2014 , 7:50am
post #1 of 8

AI was just wondering what the general concept is on loose base tins. I've been purchasing a few cake tins recently and majority of mine are loose base ones. I haven't had any problems with them but just wondered what peoples views on them were before i purchase anymore. Thanks

7 replies
Nicki161 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nicki161 Posted 15 Jan 2014 , 9:44am
post #2 of 8

AHi Danielle I use both loose based tins and solid tins I don't have a problem with either as long as I use lots of anti stick solution , I tend to use loose base for round and solid for square , x

danielle1986 Posted 17 Jan 2014 , 9:32am
post #3 of 8

AThank you xx

MyFairDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MyFairDiva Posted 17 Jan 2014 , 1:28pm
post #4 of 8

AI have a couple of these as well but I'm terrified to use them with "liquidy" batters. Have you got any experience with that? Do they leak? - I always line the pans with a sides and a bottom piece of paper, but I was wondering if I need to line it differently, or definitely not use them for that kind of batter?

Thanks x

annaleescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annaleescakes Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 2:14am
post #5 of 8

If "loose based tins" are the same thing as springform pans, then I totally recommend them! I use parchment paper and some non-stick spray just like I would for a normal pan, but getting the cake out by simply popping off the bottom is so much easier to me than flipping the pan upside down. It might be the fact that I use parchment paper, which makes a slightly tighter seal between the pan and the loose bottom, but I've never had any issues at all with batter leaking out, I even did a water test and it was fine! :) 

auzzi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auzzi Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 11:39pm
post #6 of 8

A loose base pan and a springform pan ...

danielle1986 Posted 19 Jan 2014 , 7:04am
post #7 of 8

ACheers guys!!!!! :-)

MyFairDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MyFairDiva Posted 20 Jan 2014 , 11:45am
post #8 of 8

AExactly what auzzi shows, I have the loose base one. I will test it with water but I anticipate a disaster :P

I'll make sure to make it over the sink.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%