CakeryBakery Posted 12 Jan 2014 , 6:52pm
post #1 of 11

Deleted by Mod

10 replies
theecakegoddess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theecakegoddess Posted 17 Jan 2014 , 2:07am
post #2 of 11

hello

I also paid for the weekend of classes in Philly Dec 7-8 and they were cancelled and my refund has not been credited to date.  I left messages, emailed numerous times and received no replies.  I would like my $400 back. now

Angel

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 17 Jan 2014 , 3:34am
post #3 of 11

Have you tried contacting CC on facebook?

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 17 Jan 2014 , 3:39am
post #4 of 11

You are not alone.  I do know of at least one member who has received a refund.  She paid by credit card and just recently got the credit.  Apparently, it takes longer for Paypal.

Please note, I am not affiliated with CC in any way.  I am not a representative and do not speak for them.  I have no idea when to expect a refund.

My information comes from a recent post from someone saying they did finally get a refund.

I do hope the issue is quickly resolved.  I know this must be frustrating for all the members who paid.

sixinarow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sixinarow Posted 17 Jan 2014 , 3:56am
post #5 of 11

Deja vu? Was there another thread about this or am I losing my mind?

IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 17 Jan 2014 , 4:01am
post #6 of 11

ASounds familiar.

enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 17 Jan 2014 , 4:03am
post #7 of 11

No sixinarow I was keeping up and it disappeared. Wow, I don't know what to say.

CakeryBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeryBakery Posted 17 Jan 2014 , 4:16am
post #8 of 11

AI just recently received my refund. I paid via PayPal... PayPal has nothing to due with the delay in getting a refund. The delay was cake central delay.. not certain if it had anything to do with the instructor and really don't care. I had to work with PayPal and my bank to dispute in addition I contacted my attorney. I had sent numerous emails, sent private messages and made numerous phone calls. I sent my final email early this week and by the next morning I had my refund. A big part of my concern was having to dispute a charge with PayPal because you only have 45 days to dispute. .. I had to dispute with my bank and they only allow 30 days after my statement is received to dispute a charge.... so neither were too happy about the delay in disputing and wanting a refund. So I called my attorney. I had another thread but it seems to have disappeared. Good luck. I hope you receive a refund asap. If I had not received my refund my next step was to contact the instructor's to make them aware of what is happening and allow my attorney to handle.

sorry for any typos I'm responding via my cell phone.

CakeryBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeryBakery Posted 17 Jan 2014 , 4:18am
post #9 of 11

A

Original message sent by sixinarow

Deja vu? Was there another thread about this or am I losing my mind?

yes there was one last evening. It seems to have conveniently disappeared

SystemMod1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SystemMod1 Posted 17 Jan 2014 , 6:10am
post #10 of 11

This is a thread that was created for dubious and frankly unfair reasons.  The OP was complaining about not getting a refund for the December class that we unfortunately had to cancel.  She posted the same thread last night and it was deleted.  The OP started both threads saying she got no refund and it's untrue - she has gotten her refund and even posted that she got them.  She stated in BOTH threads she was just mad and wanted to complain about Cake Central because Cake Central did not give daily updates or some ridiculous expectation of customer service while waiting on her credit card company. bank, and Paypal posted it to her account.  But she, like all that registered for that class,  received a personal phone call, an apology, and a full refund.    

All comments here have been deleted.

Refunds have been issued and are taking as long as your bank, credit card company and Paypal takes to issue refunds on purchases that are in some cases over 90 days old.  Google "Paypal Refunds" and you will get thousands of hits on why it takes so long and is so hard to accomplish.  If you choose to not Google it then you simply have to trust that Cake Central is doing everything they can to issue refunds and again apologize that the class was cancelled.

We are working really hard to bring great instructors to YOU at reasonable prices and are doing our best to make sure everyone either gets the excellent class they paid for or a refund if we have to cancel a class for some reason.

This topic has run its course and no further threads created to complain about us will be allowed.  We have upcoming classes that frankly will be awesome.

Thank you.

SystemMod1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SystemMod1 Posted 17 Jan 2014 , 6:39am
post #11 of 11

Further, if you registered for this class and you have not gotten a reflection of the refund by next month, please contact ME and I will personally help you.  Jackie is not involved with the classes to PMs to her will most likely go unanswered, although I am NOT speaking for her, I'm just doing my job and trying to help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%