Smbc With Butter Substitute?

Lounge By CakeChemistry Updated 9 Jan 2014 , 11:10pm by BatterUpCake

CakeChemistry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeChemistry Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 5

AAnyone ever used something like I Can't believe It's Not Butter for SMBC. SMBC has changed my life it is wonderful, just wondered before making a mess if there was any point in using a substitute or to just stick with the real deal and suck down the cost? Rather just buy the butter than make a crap product!

4 replies
vldutoit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vldutoit Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 5:17pm
post #2 of 5

AFor me where I live, butter is less expensive than I can't believe its not butter. I tried it using imperial stick margarine and had a big mess.

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 6:05pm
post #3 of 5

AButter is always better.

CakeChemistry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeChemistry Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 10:21pm
post #4 of 5

A:-)I thought it would be, just asking the question to see if I was missing a trick! I've been experimenting with different things I have read about on here and SMBC has been one of my faves, I won a comp with a cake that I used it on first time and was wondering whether it was my skill or the general divinity of the stuff. I've gone with the latter as it always turns a cake into something just that extra bit special I think. Thanks for your help xxx

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 11:10pm
post #5 of 5

I have replaced part of the butter with shorteneing and it behaved the same, with the exception of having a higher melting point.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%