First Order

Decorating By Sanyahassan Updated 7 Jan 2014 , 3:31pm by Sanyahassan

Sanyahassan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sanyahassan Posted 7 Jan 2014 , 2:24pm
post #1 of 5

Hi!

Ive just recently started to make cakes. Got my first order for Friday for a chocolate Ganache cake. I have two questions.

The order is due Friday at noon. would the cake still be fresh if i make it on wednesday and iced it with with ganache and keep it refrigerated so i have all of thursday to work on the fondant and decorations or would it be a little stale?

Also all tutorials I've seen  level the  the ganache and make it super smooth with sharp edges. is that a pre req. for a smooth fondant finish or will it still be smooth if spread it a little roughly like i do with my buttercream?

thanks!

4 replies
RubinaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RubinaD Posted 7 Jan 2014 , 3:24pm
post #2 of 5

HI there, congrats on the 1st order. yes, the cake will be fresh, you need to bake it a couple of days ahead to allow the cake to settle. I have never used ganache but my thinking is that if you allow a rough finish to form and not a smooth one, you will see the rough marks through your fondant. unless that is the look you are going for I would make the ganache as smooth as possible. good luck post a picture later.

rexygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rexygirl Posted 7 Jan 2014 , 3:26pm
post #3 of 5

ARough chilled ganache definitely won't work it gotta be pretty smooth because it won't have the "give" that even crusted buttercream does. Think of it this way if u want a smooth fondant finish your foundation has to be smooth too good luck

Sanyahassan Posted 7 Jan 2014 , 3:27pm
post #4 of 5

AThank you! That helps.i was panicking thinking I had to do everything on the last day. :)

Sanyahassan Posted 7 Jan 2014 , 3:31pm
post #5 of 5

i understand. Lets just hope i can make it really smooth. the tutorials I've seen don't seem to be the easiest. Hopefully i won't mess it up!:oops:

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%