Chilling After Crumb Coating? How Important?

Decorating By cakelove2105 Updated 6 Jan 2014 , 3:02pm by -K8memphis

cakelove2105 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelove2105 Posted 6 Jan 2014 , 7:01am
post #1 of 2

AHello cake professionals,

I'm curious, how important is to chill a cake after crumb coating it? I just ask this because you might not have the time to do it. I mean, is it posible to just cover your cake with fondant inmediatetly after icing it without having any lumps or crumbs later?

I'm quite new on fondant and decorating. i hope to get answers on this, thanks a lot for your help :)

1 reply
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Jan 2014 , 3:02pm
post #2 of 2

there is no one right way--except that your way is right for you--trial and error--

i myself always keep my cakes well chilled all the way through to delivery--some people would not dream of ever  chilling thier cakes--just depends on what works for you in your climate and with your recipes and your fridge and all that--ten thousand variables--you gotta figure it out for yourself--

very important however--you need to back up your time line and make sure you have enough time to do everything twice--plus some more time to run out to the store if necessary--cutting it that close on time is a nerve wrecker and you run the risk of not being able to take advantage of all the second chances you need to have built into your repertoire--

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%