Cake Pop Stand Make Out Of Peg Board

Baking By crazybakinglady Updated 24 Jun 2014 , 11:22pm by Toptier

crazybakinglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazybakinglady Posted 5 Jan 2014 , 11:06pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone tried using peg board for a cake pop stand?  I have to make 500 for a wedding and am looking for some ways to display them and would like to make my own stand.  Thoughts?

4 replies
Foamguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Foamguy Posted 18 Jun 2014 , 5:45pm
post #2 of 5

I have seen many displays made from styrofoam boards. You can make them yourself and make different styles such as a cake dummy look where the layers are pyramid like, or you could just use a large board, paint it and stick each one in there. I would say you could use a foam insert in a flower pot and stick them in the pot, but that could be tedious for 500 poeple!  I know buyfoamblocks.com sells pre-made foam cake dummies if you dont have time to create them yourself. Good luck! :)

Foamguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Foamguy Posted 24 Jun 2014 , 6:12pm
post #3 of 5

I haven't tried a peg board but that would definitely be interesting! If you were successful with it definitely share your secrets and some pictures! I would say the easiest approach for a cake pop stand for 500 would be A- get a large foam board or block and cover it with cloth or paint it and stick the pops in that or B- make large cake pop dummy stands which would fit a lot of them also. 

craftybanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana Posted 24 Jun 2014 , 6:41pm
post #4 of 5

To me a pegboard seems like it would be kind of ugly, At least the ones I saw on Google images were ugly. What is their theme? Vases with a matching filler might be pretty, or dressed foam stands like Foamguy suggested. Another idea is to have them upside down in mini muffin liners on decorative stands. Search for "cakepop display" or "dessert table" to get some nice ideas.

Toptier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toptier Posted 24 Jun 2014 , 11:22pm
post #5 of 5

The holes in pegboard are too big for traditional cake pop sticks however they fit paper straws perfectly so I could see doing this if you put all the cake pops on those paper straws.  I'm not sure about the spacing on pegboard though - whether the holes are too far apart or too close.  Best wishes and post a pic if you end up using one!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%