Do You Have A Favourite Quote To Share

Lounge By paperlace1 Updated 25 Mar 2014 , 12:37pm by rosemary25

knlcox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knlcox Posted 6 Jan 2014 , 2:51pm
post #31 of 65

"I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here"......I have no idea who said that but I thought it was funny. 

paperlace1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paperlace1 Posted 6 Jan 2014 , 3:11pm
post #32 of 65

ANot sure how people will feel about this thought. But as I was reading some of theses quotes it occurred to to that the quotes we chose say a lot about our personal experience, the person we are today and the person we strive to be.

cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 6 Jan 2014 , 3:16pm
post #33 of 65

AI completely agree with you paperlace1, I think that I definitely choose qoutes that have some sort of connection to what I've been through or makes me feel better or inspired even. Thankyou for this thread I enjoyed reading everyone's qoutes :-)

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 8 Jan 2014 , 3:09am
post #34 of 65

"Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove. Oh No! It is an ever-fixed mark, that looks on tempests, and is never shaken."- William Shakespeare

“Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared.”- Edward Vernon Rickenbacker

"There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind." - C.S. Lewis

LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 8 Jan 2014 , 3:24am
post #35 of 65

One more!

"If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." C.S. Lewis

paperlace1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paperlace1 Posted 8 Jan 2014 , 10:49am
post #36 of 65

A

Original message sent by LoveMeSomeCake615

One more!

"If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." C.S. Lewis

This one made me smile. I expected a different ending something like

" then I am being unreasonable and need to lower my expectations"

LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 8 Jan 2014 , 4:00pm
post #37 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperlace1 

This one made me smile. I expected a different ending something like

" then I am being unreasonable and need to lower my expectations"

Glad you enjoyed it! I have about a million more favorite quotes, but I didn't want to overdo it. :lol:

cake4court Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake4court Posted 8 Jan 2014 , 4:12pm
post #38 of 65

"life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful!"  my favorite of all time :)

cjCustmCreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cjCustmCreation Posted 24 Jan 2014 , 8:23pm
post #39 of 65

AIt is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices. - Albus Dumbledore

Most people stop looking for work once they find a job. - Zig Ziglar

You can get what you want if you help enough others get what they want. - Zig Ziglar

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 24 Jan 2014 , 8:33pm
post #40 of 65

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveMeSomeCake615 

“Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared.”- Edward Vernon Rickenbacker

LoveMeSomeCake615:  This is a great one. I've never known who said it. Thanks for sharing.

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 24 Jan 2014 , 9:23pm
post #41 of 65

A"I aspire to be more than I am." Lieutenant Commander Data

emetz74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emetz74 Posted 25 Jan 2014 , 10:32am
post #42 of 65

A"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. " -Eleanor Roosevelt

LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 3:11am
post #43 of 65

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBalaska 

LoveMeSomeCake615:  This is a great one. I've never known who said it. Thanks for sharing.

Yes, I love it! You're welcome! :)

MBalaska Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 3:47am
post #44 of 65

Quote:

Originally Posted by emetz74 

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "
-Eleanor Roosevelt

emetz74: That is truly one to remember.......chin up and don't let the bad guys get us down.

emetz74 Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 10:17am
post #45 of 65

It's my all-time favorite quote. I teach high school and I use that a lot when I have a student get upset about something that was said or done to them. That and my mom's famous "consider the source" quote when someone is upset at someone else for saying mean things. 

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Feb 2014 , 4:53am
post #46 of 65

I was excited to see this topic as I am a collector of quotes.  SOme of my favorites that have helped guide my life are:

"Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable."    ---Sydney J. Harris

Those who say it can’t be done, should stop interrupting those of us who are doing it.

----Ralph Waldo Emerson  (Debi's note:  I kept referring to this one as I opened my shop and as I enrolled in school at the age of 50.  VERY inspiring!)

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"  ---John Lennon (Song, "Beautiful Boy")

"THings may come to those who wait.  But only the things left by those who hustle."  ---- A. LIncoln

Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.     ---Will Rogers

"If you're going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big."   ---- Donald Trump

"Other birds fly in flocks but eagles soar alone."    ---- Joyce Meyer

" I have not failed.  I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."    --- Thomas Edison 

Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards, and living up to them, is a better way to profit.

-----Seth Godin

I could go on and on and on, but these are some of my favorites that my friends have heard me say to them more than once!!!

as you wish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
as you wish Posted 17 Feb 2014 , 1:32pm
post #47 of 65

A"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." -Mark Twain

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Feb 2014 , 1:35pm
post #48 of 65

Quote:

Originally Posted by as you wish 

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." -Mark Twain

he got it from proverbs ;)

pro.17:28

as you wish Posted 17 Feb 2014 , 1:40pm
post #49 of 65

AYes, I know, but I like the way Mark Twain said it better! ;) (Nothing against the bible; love the bible!)

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Feb 2014 , 1:41pm
post #50 of 65

he made it pithy--made it a good soundbite

as you wish Posted 17 Feb 2014 , 1:41pm
post #51 of 65

AExactly!

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 19 Feb 2014 , 3:11pm
post #52 of 65

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakesrock 

Here are my 2 faves:

"It is an illusion that youth is happy, an illusion of those who have lost it." W. Somerset Maugham

"Do I need to be liked? Absolutely not. I like to be liked. I enjoy being liked. I have to be liked. But it's not like this compulsive need to be liked. Like my need to be praised." Michael Scott (The Office)

HAHAAHAA! I love the Micheal Scott one!

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 19 Feb 2014 , 6:57pm
post #53 of 65

1.  That's what s/he said.

2.  Life's rough, get sandpaper. 

cheeseball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheeseball Posted 19 Feb 2014 , 11:33pm
post #54 of 65

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it.

-Sam Levenson

Eachna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eachna Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 6:30pm
post #55 of 65

I don't have the exact quote to hand, but one of my favorites is by Jude Devereaux in her book _Sweet Liar_. It's something like: "A woman is truly wealthy when, if a man says he's hungry, she doesn't have to get up and feed him."

I love my husband and my son, and I cook from scratch for us pretty much every day, but they can stand up and get their own !@#$ plates if they want a snack ;).

emetz74 Posted 25 Feb 2014 , 1:46am
post #56 of 65

AAnother good one, and I have no clue who said it or even if it's exactly these words, is "Someone else would be perfectly happy with less than you've got".

TartasImposible Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TartasImposible Posted 25 Feb 2014 , 8:32am
post #57 of 65

I was twelve when my parents went to Washington D.C. When they came to Spain (my country) after a one-week trip with lots of gifts, I can't remember any of those gifts but one: an Holocaust Memorial Museum small poster with a quote from Dante's Divine Comedy I'll never forget and makes me think today: "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crisis maintain their neutrality"

Also, I really love Litany against fear from Frank Herbert's cience fiction book "Dune" 

I must not fear.

Fear is the mind-killer.

Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

I will face my fear.

I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.

Only I will remain.

(Epic!)

MBalaska Posted 28 Feb 2014 , 8:34am
post #58 of 65

Fear is good, it's like Pain.......it tells you there is something wrong that you need to address.  Courage leads you to act through the fear and pain.

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 28 Feb 2014 , 3:12pm
post #59 of 65

A saying that I have always lived by is  "Treat others as if you may never see them again." The reason for this is because it may be the last time you see that person alive.

My sister was mad at my dad and said some pretty harsh things to him. A month later, (November 27th) my dad died. My sister has never forgiven herself and realized that she never got to tell my dad "I love you" before he died. The day after his funeral both my sister and I got a letter in the mail from my dad telling us that he loved us very much.  We both were in tears since he had just passed away a couple of days before. Tell a loved one that you love them because you never know what tomorrow will bring!!!

maisie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisie73 Posted 10 Mar 2014 , 6:38pm
post #60 of 65

AGod,grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%