How Did You Know

Decorating By LoveonCloudCupcake Updated 4 Jan 2014 , 6:26am by IAmPamCakes

LoveonCloudCupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveonCloudCupcake Posted 3 Jan 2014 , 4:34am
post #1 of 12

AThat cake decorating/baking was what you wanted to do with your life?

11 replies
minions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minions Posted 3 Jan 2014 , 5:20am
post #2 of 12

i loved to do it :) if its something you really enjoy doing than im sure you'll love it later on. personally i like seeing peoples happy faces when they eat my cakes and food you know? if they like it then it makes me happy and so i decided go towards that career. but make sure it interests you other you'll just a miserable ;) 

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 3 Jan 2014 , 7:38am
post #3 of 12

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveonCloudCupcake 

That cake decorating/baking was what you wanted to do with your life?

It isn't what I do WITH my life, It's just one of the many things that I do IN my life.

I use baking/decorating as my "Gift Genie"  Birthdays, baby showers, retirements, anniversaries........almost every event can use a baked good as a gift.

I think it would be really hard work, long hours, and take a lot of talent to do this for a living.

emetz74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emetz74 Posted 3 Jan 2014 , 10:35am
post #4 of 12

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBalaska 

It isn't what I do WITH my life, It's just one of the many things that I do IN my life.

I use baking/decorating as my "Gift Genie"  Birthdays, baby showers, retirements, anniversaries........almost every event can use a baked good as a gift.

I think it would be really hard work, long hours, and take a lot of talent to do this for a living.

That could not have been said more perfectly for my reason. I just like to do it and give the finished product to people and of course, they love getting them, even the mess-ups!

LoveonCloudCupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveonCloudCupcake Posted 3 Jan 2014 , 9:29pm
post #5 of 12

AI didn't mean to offend. I typed it incorrectly.

emetz74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emetz74 Posted 3 Jan 2014 , 9:38pm
post #6 of 12

I didn't read it as offensive; I read it as MB saying it's something they do more for fun than to earn money. That's what I meant when I quoted her!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Jan 2014 , 9:57pm
post #7 of 12

Quote:

yes true-- very physical work too--brickwall deadline oriented--that part's not fun--

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 3 Jan 2014 , 10:13pm
post #8 of 12

AWhen I was fighting with my husband and having a terrible week and was trying to eat/drink/pitch & moan my way through my terrible mood and then I remembered that I had a cupcake order and had fondant scuba figures to make and this total sense of peace and purpose came over me and I told my hubby he needed to do bedtime for both kids that night and I stayed up until 1:30am completely happy making cupcake toppers.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 3 Jan 2014 , 11:29pm
post #9 of 12

Quote:

Originally Posted by -K8memphis 

Quote:

yes true-- very physical work too--brickwall deadline oriented--that part's not fun--

I read MimiFix's books.   Wow.  Pretty Pastries are made by hard working Peeps. 

asianyoushi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asianyoushi Posted 3 Jan 2014 , 11:36pm
post #10 of 12

i love doing it- i usually get a "high" off a pretty cake or cupcake or a wow comment from the person eating it... i dont want to do it for a living though i think that would take away the love and passion i have for my hobby.. plus when im stressed/sad i bake and i give what i bake to unexpecting people and make their day brighter...which makes me feel better

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 3 Jan 2014 , 11:37pm
post #11 of 12

Put me down as being with "MBalaska."

I'm a programmer, by trade. I'm also a student musician (if I continue organ lessons [yes, real pipes!] indefinitely, I'll most likely remain a ham-handed beginner for the rest of my natural life), a typesetter, a photographer, a model railroader, a writer, and dozens of other things.

My activities in the kitchen (not just cakes, but cookies, as well as a chicken casserole, a turkey loaf, turkey schnitzel, scalloped potatoes, and a few other things) are just a small part of my life, mainly a matter of wanting something (either for myself or to share with others) that I was in a position to make. My strawberry marble cake arose out of wanting to see if an idea I'd postulated in a work of fiction would work in real life (it does). My Leland Award cakes came about (1) because I figured that a unique cake would make the festivities more festive, and (2) because I wanted to experiment with edible printing, and get the feel of it well in advance of my 51st birthday, for which I'd planned a cake that would only be practical with edible printing. I did the "Wood Type Cookie" project because one of my fellow docents suggested it, and it seemed like an interesting challenge.

I decorate cakes, but I don't decorate cookies (with the exception of the wood type cookies), because the cookies I bake either (a) would make a lousy canvas for decorating, (b) would be too sweet if frosted, (c) are too time-consuming as it is, or (d) more than one of the above.

IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 4 Jan 2014 , 6:26am
post #12 of 12

AI'm a glutton for punishment. LOL My best friend saw me doing food type work before I did. I went to school for something else, but am now a baker and decorator (more baker). It is long hours, heavy lifting, and exhausting. I love it. Even the batter covered elbows, crumbs in the shoes, achy feet, and sore back.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%