Newbie Saying Hi

Lounge By lisa lambourne Updated 31 Dec 2013 , 12:35pm by lisa lambourne

lisa lambourne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisa lambourne Posted 30 Dec 2013 , 3:29pm
post #1 of 11

Hi, my name is Lisa, I thought I would introduce myself before looking around cake central and posting any questions. I am new to cake making and decorating, I have only made/decorated  5 cakes which were self taught, I think there good but I want to get better at it. Well thanks for reading and I hope to get to know peeps.

xx Lisa xx 

10 replies
cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 30 Dec 2013 , 3:35pm
post #2 of 11

AHi :-) and welcome to cake central!! Really look forward to seeing some of your work and I hope you enjoy it here xx

lisa lambourne Posted 30 Dec 2013 , 3:43pm
post #3 of 11

Thank you for the warm welcome, I have just looked in the gallery and not to confident about posting my work now. Do I post them on the gallery or is there somewhere else I should post them?

xx Lisa xx 

Spireite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spireite Posted 30 Dec 2013 , 3:50pm
post #4 of 11

Hi Lisa, I will admit to NOT posting all my cakes, as I am very much a hobby baker, and not as talented as the people on here.  When the pictures are uploaded you can choose which gallery they go into or add tags. 

Check out the thread for UK bakers, which is a great resource for any equivalent products that our American cousins are always talking about:-D.

cakealicious7 Posted 30 Dec 2013 , 3:53pm
post #5 of 11

AThere are some amazingly talented artists on here, but remember even they started out at some point. It's great to see peoples progress from their first cake to see how far they've come, definitely post your work!! When you upload your photos in your profile they'll automatically be shown in the gallery :-D

lisa lambourne Posted 30 Dec 2013 , 3:54pm
post #6 of 11

Hi, thanks for the info. I am only a hobby baker, I have been making cakes for birthdays. Oh and 1 Christmas tree cake which I did a week ago for my sis-inlaw.

xx Lisa xx

cakealicious7 Posted 30 Dec 2013 , 3:55pm
post #7 of 11

AOh I just realised you're from the U.K, me too

lisa lambourne Posted 30 Dec 2013 , 4:00pm
post #8 of 11

Yay :-D

lisa lambourne Posted 30 Dec 2013 , 4:28pm
post #9 of 11

I have uploaded some picks, didn't tag them though

xx Lisa xx

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 30 Dec 2013 , 9:53pm
post #10 of 11

Welcome Lisa,

being here is like finding a training school online with a big group of extremely talented coaches.

I have spend hours reading old forums just to get information that is new to me. The  'Search' function  is your new best friend.  Viewing everyone's photos is like going to an art museum.  Enjoy.

mb

ps: photos with the  metal shop, dirty filled ashtrays, and men pretending to hold their wangers made me wonder if your pulling the leg.

lisa lambourne Posted 31 Dec 2013 , 12:35pm
post #11 of 11

Thanks, I have been looking at old posts and the amazing creations in the gallery. Totally inspiring

xx Lisa xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%