Irritating Newbies

Lounge By Stitches Updated 10 Jan 2014 , 6:16pm by SystemMod1

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 2 Jan 2014 , 6:33pm
post #31 of 77

That's not totally the point.........it really is o.k. to ask questions.........it just would be nice if people said "please" & "thank-you" when someone takes a half hour or so answering your question

............and when someone is trying to help you and they ask you a question back to solve your question, answer them or why should they ever try to help you if your not willing to participate too.

Too much demanding help and not wanting to participate in the process for getting help..........imo

Mhawkins1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mhawkins1985 Posted 2 Jan 2014 , 8:33pm
post #32 of 77

Ai want to start out by saying i haven't posted or asked any questions yet because i just joined today BUT ive been searching thru this site for last week due to my MIL asking me to do her wedding cake (2 layer, 3 tier black and white fondant cake). if it wasn't for all the previous answers to all my questions,i'd have broke down and cried by now. so i just want to say THANK-YOU for all you knowledge and expierence!

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 2 Jan 2014 , 8:52pm
post #33 of 77

Honestly this site is a saviour, I know that I would not be where I am today without it. I do always try to thanks those that help me although I sometimes lose the thread and can't find it again. That said, I have noticed that some cakers on here are very demanding and then don't bother coming back with thanks. It's somewhat disenchanting. 

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 5:48pm
post #34 of 77

A

Original message sent by ammcats

:-D not all of us are ungrateful :D. I wonder if they have been bought up without manners which seem to be so sadly lacking these days.

:D[I][/I]

Actually the most rude person I've ever encountered on this site was in her 70s I believe. It drives me crazy that people blame today's generation for the lack of manners, we had to have learned it somewhere.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 6:07pm
post #35 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiandkyle 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammcats 

icon_biggrin.gif not all of us are ungrateful icon_biggrin.gif. I wonder if they have been bought up without manners which seem to be so sadly lacking these days.

icon_biggrin.gif

It drives me crazy that people blame today's generation for the lack of manners, we had to have learned it somewhere.

oh please--really? the devil made me do it??

the old devil?? the young devil??  i don't think so

kikiandkyle Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 6:32pm
post #36 of 77

AIn case you're thinking it was you I was talking about, I wasn't. I had to block the member in question because I found her so offensive and I've never seen anything from you that came anywhere near the same universe as this person.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 6:40pm
post #37 of 77
Quote:

In case you're thinking it was you I was talking about, I wasn't. I had to block the member in question because I found her so offensive and I've never seen anything from you that came anywhere near the same universe as this person.

wasn't--no of course not--i'm not past 70 :lol:

but at this point it ain't nobody's fault but our own if we show our arses--everybody's got one--just some are better at keeping theirs from public view--yes? 

scott312 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scott312 Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 7:15pm
post #38 of 77

Quote:

Actually the most rude person I've ever encountered on this site was in her 70s I believe. It drives me crazy that people blame today's generation for the lack of manners, we had to have learned it somewhere.

Could you please block me. I have found you to be very rude.

Your Tag-line is even rude.

Again, please block me.

Thank you.

kikiandkyle Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 7:19pm
post #39 of 77

AI'd have thought you'd already have blocked me since you're not interested in hearing anything I have to say.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 7:41pm
post #40 of 77

8-O  *blink blink*

Wow.  

Great example of rude.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 7:46pm
post #41 of 77

And, LOVE your tagline!  Cheap Bakers do get Cheap clients.

**anticipates directional change in the thread**

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 7:47pm
post #42 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott312 

Quote:

Again, please block me.

Thank you.

This looks to be one of the people who want you to find the recipe, bake the cake, price it, ice it, and make all the decorations. Can't even do their own blocking! FFS!

kikiandkyle Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 7:48pm
post #43 of 77

ALol!

Annabakescakes Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 7:51pm
post #44 of 77

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claire138 

Honestly this site is a saviour, I know that I would not be where I am today without it. I do always try to thanks those that help me although I sometimes lose the thread and can't find it again. That said, I have noticed that some cakers on here are very demanding and then don't bother coming back with thanks. It's somewhat disenchanting. 

Claire, you can go up to the right side of the screen, and there is a button under the search bar that says "subscriptions" click on that and you will see every thread you have posted in, and should be able to find the certain thread you are looking for. Though it is harder for me, since I used to LIVE on here, lol. I have a lot of posts to scroll through! <3

Annabakescakes Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 7:53pm
post #45 of 77

Quote:

Quote:

Again, please block me.

Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeliciousDesserts 

8-O  *blink blink*

Wow.  

Great example of rude.

Yes, exactly!

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 8:08pm
post #46 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

This looks to be one of the people who want you to find the recipe, bake the cake, price it, ice it, and make all the decorations. Can't even do their own blocking! FFS!

Anna is now my favorite CC member. Oops, wrong thread...

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 8:15pm
post #47 of 77

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stitches 

Maybe it's just me (because I'm sick right now and not supper happy) but anyone else get as irritated as I do on threads where we all help out some new person and they don't even come back and say "thank-you" or respond to a question someone asked them? It seems like it's constantly happening.......

It's beginning to frost my butt!

Please do not allow your butt to be frosted.  It makes the frosting unusable and you will stick to the chairs.  :-D 

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 8:15pm
post #48 of 77

A

Original message sent by scott312

Could you please block me. I have found you to be very rude. Your Tag-line is even rude.

Again, please block me.

Thank you.

Are you kidding me? Hahahaha

I find you to be an annoying little troll, please block me. Even though that won't change what posts I see, I want you to go through the hassle. I'm sure there are others who would like you to do the same as well... Maybe we should start a thread about it. Even better , we can all put it in our taglines!

and yes, I am rude.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 8:24pm
post #49 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeyouverymuch 

Please do not allow your butt to be frosted.  It makes the frosting unusable and you will stick to the chairs.  :-D 

Frosted chairs can be used in gingerbread houses.

cakeyouverymuch Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 8:30pm
post #50 of 77

Having now read all of the posts I just wanna add my congrats to ammcats for a gorgeous cake. 

Also, I share the general frustration with those who A) don't bother to answer questions related to their original question (how can we help if you won't be specific); B) send PMs that require detailed answers and never return with a thank you or to let you know how it turned out (how can we know we were helpful if you don't tell us); and C) never ever say please (gimme yer recipe! NOW!), or thank you (crickets after several pages of advice).

Finally, a huge thank you to all who spend time answering questions.  Even if the OPs haven't said it, those of us who mainly lurk have learned ever so much from the lot of you.  Thank you!

scott312 Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 8:32pm
post #51 of 77

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrumdiddlycakes 

and yes, I am rude.

Thank you Sir.

cakeyouverymuch Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 8:33pm
post #52 of 77

Quote:

Originally Posted by MimiFix 

Frosted chairs can be used in gingerbread houses.

Just gotta figure out how to shrink them first, lol.  Though I guess you could stick the gb houses to the chairs. . . mebbe need more thought on that. . . .

frost52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frost52 Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 8:51pm
post #53 of 77

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakeyouverymuch 

Oh I don't know...it would make it easy to do if you ever said 'bite my a**! 

cakeyouverymuch Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 9:34pm
post #54 of 77

Quote:

Originally Posted by frost52 

Oh I don't know...it would make it easy to do if you ever said 'bite my a**! 

Now there's a thought!  :twisted:

cakefat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefat Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 10:49pm
post #55 of 77
Quote:

Again, please block me.

Thank you.

Tag line: Cheap bakers get cheap clients.

So which one are you? The cheap baker or the cheap client?

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 11:24pm
post #56 of 77

Hello. Let me introduce myself. I am an irritating newbie. I came here with thoughts and ideas that offended everyone. I was chewed up and down. But I wanted it. I wanted it bad enough to stick with it. I learned what it was about my preconceived notions that aggravated you all and I began to comprehend. looking at it from the perspective as a person trying to make my living doing what you do. I had to get rid of my customers who wanted a cheap cake lady. It wasn't easy. SOme days that $5 profit helped put bread on the table. I had to give up bread or value myself at less than what I was worth. I got my name out there by donating items to real 501C charities. I got my insurance. I got my license. People began to take me seriously but still wanted to pay pennies. I always caved. Today I was going to cave. My phone had no signal. Before I could send a discount offer I got this "I can't wait! It's much more than I wanted to spend but your work is art and I couldn't just settle" It is a hard lesson when You have food to put on the table. But if the skills are there, it is worth the wait. So for the newbie, stick it out. Take the advice of the pros. They got to where they are for a reason.

scott312 Posted 10 Jan 2014 , 12:07am
post #57 of 77

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakefat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefat 

What does class mean to you?

I think its manners, bearing, deportment, ease with strangers, self deprecation, talent, effortless grace, tact, humility...

but enough about myself

as you wish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
as you wish Posted 10 Jan 2014 , 12:15am
post #58 of 77

A

Original message sent by scott312

What does class mean to you? I think its manners, bearing, deportment, ease with strangers, self deprecation, talent, effortless grace, tact, humility...

but enough about myself

Forgive me if I missed something (I have not spent much time here recently) but... Who ARE you? I mean, obviously you are a fantastic person with wise insights on many subjects, but where did you come from? What brought you here? Do you have any interest in cake?

scott312 Posted 10 Jan 2014 , 12:19am
post #59 of 77

Yes I will tell someone if I feel they are being rude sometimes. We should not be rude to each other.

I try to keep in mind that there are a lot of folks online that have hard days and all kinds of stress in their life. Don't we all from time to time.

Feel free to bash my style : )  I would rather you bash me than some other poor soul.

Good day folks and I do wish you well.

scott312 Posted 10 Jan 2014 , 12:26am
post #60 of 77

Quote:

Originally Posted by as you wish 

Forgive me if I missed something (I have not spent much time here recently) but... Who ARE you? I mean, obviously you are a fantastic person with wise insights on many subjects, but where did you come from? What brought you here? Do you have any interest in cake?

I'm sorry. Here is my profile link http://cakecentral.com/u/934029/scott312

I'm not sure if it's showing. For me it's not. I have a message on the page that says,

"The rest of your profile will become visible after you've been active in the forums"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%