Hi Everyone New To Forum And New To Cakes!

Decorating By liverpool Updated 5 Jan 2014 , 12:32am by Lea17

liverpool Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liverpool Posted 26 Dec 2013 , 5:22pm
post #1 of 9

AHi everyone, I've only recently just starting out in my little cake ventures so there is alot I still have to learn. My question at the minute is - could anyone tell me the best place to buy food grade tissue paper (to use in cupcake bouquets) in the uk please?

8 replies
Zakared Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zakared Posted 26 Dec 2013 , 5:32pm
post #2 of 9

Hi Liverpool,

Welcome to the forums and to cake making/decorating in general!

This forum is filled with newbies and VERY experienced bakers/decorators who have fabulous ideas, helpful hints and very nice people when you really need the help.

I myself may show as a newbie because I don't post very often, but have learned much from the kind people here when I'm just lurking about.

I live in the US so not sure where you could find tissue paper there….but you could try globalsugarart.com which has fantastic decorating supplies of all kinds.  But I'm sure there are plenty others on the forums that are from the UK that could help you even more.  Just wait…..they're out there…..

Have a great day!

liverpool Posted 26 Dec 2013 , 7:48pm
post #3 of 9

AThanks so much. I'm sure ill have literally hundreds of questions. I'm finding pricing very difficult! But I'm sure ill get there in the end. :)

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 27 Dec 2013 , 9:07pm
post #4 of 9

Welcome Liverpool:  You'll learn anything that you are interested in by making friends with the 'search' function.  there are thousands of recipes and previous exchanges on every topic.  Enjoy.

mb

enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 28 Dec 2013 , 10:54pm
post #5 of 9

Quote:

Originally Posted by liverpool 

Thanks so much. I'm sure ill have literally hundreds of questions.
I'm finding pricing very difficult! But I'm sure ill get there in the end. icon_smile.gif

Welcome to CC! This might help with some of your pricing questions.

http://www.docakes.com/PricingCakes.html

liverpool Posted 4 Jan 2014 , 6:17pm
post #6 of 9

AThank you. The pricing guide helps a little but I've just been trying to research local prices to try and keep in line with those. I have a guideline to use also to ensure I cover the cost of ingredients and time taken to make the cake(s) etc...

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 4 Jan 2014 , 8:05pm
post #7 of 9

Ahttp://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=151129651639

Welcome to CC... I googled in food grade tissue paper in uk and came up with several sites. ...the link I'm posting is just one of them.. .Happy Baking

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 4 Jan 2014 , 8:15pm
post #8 of 9

liverpool, I'm not in the UK, but I just wanted to say Welcome.  You can really learn a great deal from Cake Central. 

Jeanne

Lea17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lea17 Posted 5 Jan 2014 , 12:32am
post #9 of 9

Hi, just wanted to say Welcome :)  I'm in the UK too!  You will love this site, I certainly do! 

Pricing wise tho, I use CakeULator app  on my phone/tablet - it's great!!

Good luck and have fun :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%