Gas Oven And Electric Oven

Baking By Oritg84 Updated 24 Dec 2013 , 10:03pm by Oritg84

Oritg84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Oritg84 Posted 22 Dec 2013 , 6:20am
post #1 of 4

So here is the thing : 

I started a cupcakes homemade business one year ago. 

at first I was baking my cupcakes in a home gas oven and they came out airy and moistly exactly like I wanted. 

so 3 weeks ago I bought a professional electric oven and now my cupcake are disaster!!

the paper liners are separate from the cake itself and the cupcake are not rising. 

Whats going on????? 

Thanks! 

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 22 Dec 2013 , 2:29pm
post #2 of 4

what kind of pro oven is it? describe it--if it's convection you need a lower temperature--sometimes you set a pan of water in the bottom of the oven to help boost the moisture in there--but what kind is it?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 22 Dec 2013 , 3:43pm
post #3 of 4

AYou've changed from a naturally moister heat to a naturally drier heat. It IS different. Good suggestions already. Lower the heat a bit and add moisture inside the oven. Experiment and get to know your new oven. I have both gas and electric convection. I like gas for cake and electric for cookies.

Oritg84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Oritg84 Posted 24 Dec 2013 , 10:03pm
post #4 of 4

I bought a convection oven, and found that 175c is too hot for the cupcakes so I bake at 125c degrees but still the cupcakes are crack in the middle.

when I bake in the gas oven a bit more but without a pan of water and Cupcake were came out great.

So I have changed my recipe, for the convection oven I bit the egges and melt the butter and for the gas oven I bit the butter first.....but still im not happy with my new oven...:( 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%