Help Me Find These Cutters!

Decorating By nanasmom Updated 19 Dec 2013 , 1:34am by suzied

nanasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanasmom Posted 18 Dec 2013 , 9:54pm
post #1 of 5

I am hoping to do a design with inspiration from this cake.  I am trying to find these teardrop cutters.  Anyone want to give a stab at what size they think they are?  I ordered 2 inch, 1 1/2 inch, and 1 inch online but they look so small!!!

TIA

4 replies
hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 18 Dec 2013 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 5

Well, if the ones you've ordered don't work out, you can't find anything else that does, and you can work up a plan, CopperGifts.com can certainly custom-make them for you. Their work is not cheap (especially custom jobs), but they're so well made, you're unlikely to ever have to buy the same cutter again, unless you need more than one. And no, I don't work for them.

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 18 Dec 2013 , 11:23pm
post #3 of 5

Why not take apart a freshly cut fondant or gumpaste daisy................petal by petal.  That should do it.

Sparklekat6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklekat6 Posted 18 Dec 2013 , 11:40pm
post #4 of 5

I think you will be okay with the 1".  Take a look at the smallest one on the top tier.  It looks to me like it takes up about 1/3 of the height of the cake, so figure the cake is only 3" tall if you use your 1" cutter.  You may even want it bigger?  I think it's just an issue of perspective that it looks so tiny.  

suzied Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzied Posted 19 Dec 2013 , 1:34am
post #5 of 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeniseNH 

Why not take apart a freshly cut fondant or gumpaste daisy................petal by petal.  That should do it.

OMG  I was thinking the same, when i first read it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%