I Need Loose Sugar To Stay!!

Decorating By Ginger08 Updated 17 Dec 2013 , 5:30am by Ginger08

Ginger08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ginger08 Posted 17 Dec 2013 , 12:33am
post #1 of 4

AI made some colored sugar to look like sand and I glued it down with royal icing but there is still a lot of loose sugar on top that blows off! Is there something edible I can spray in it to make it stick/ stay in place ??!!

3 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 17 Dec 2013 , 2:32am
post #2 of 4

You could brush some corn syrup on and sprinkle the sugar on that, but I don't know if there's anything other than a confectioner's glaze that will keep it in place. And that tastes nasty and might melt it anyway.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 17 Dec 2013 , 2:56am
post #3 of 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginger08 

I made some colored sugar to look like sand and I glued it down with royal icing but there is still a lot of loose sugar on top that blows off! Is there something edible I can spray in it to make it stick/ stay in place ??!!

Ginger08: what did you glue it down to?  How are you trying to use the colored 'sand' sugar.

*agreed on the corn syrup glue..... I've used it to glue sanding sugar & non-pariels to sugar cookies.

It dries hard and it's clear - unlike Royal Icing.

Ginger08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ginger08 Posted 17 Dec 2013 , 5:30am
post #4 of 4

AI sprinkled and pressed it on top of some royal icing, on top of my board. Some of it is just piled higher in some areas and "loose" on the cake board and I don't want it to blow off during delivery or onto the guy it's for :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%