3D Plant Or Animal Cell Model

Decorating By aprilfromLa Updated 11 Dec 2013 , 5:42pm by FlourPots

aprilfromLa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilfromLa Posted 11 Dec 2013 , 2:44pm
post #1 of 3

AAnybody ever have to make an edible model of a plant or animal cell? My 10 year old has a science project due on December 19 and I've been looking online for inspiration. It doesn't have to be big because 17 other kids in the class will be bringing edible models also. I need something easy enough.. I found this picture on Pinterest for an idea. Is it 3d enough? If you have any ideas or can point me to something I'd greatly appreciate it. [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3152639/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

2 replies
FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 11 Dec 2013 , 5:35pm
post #2 of 3

I actually helped my nephew make a cell once...

It was a few years ago, so I swear I can't remember if it was human, animal, or plant...I also lost the few photos I had on an old computer that died.

What I recall is that we used an 8" styrofoam ball and cut a quarter of it off, so if you looked at it from the side, it looked like PacMan...

He used different colored fondant for all the ??...shapes and wormy looking things??...and one color to cover the outside surface, but it had to be bumpy, according to the pics he was going by...

I hope I'm explaining this ok...

The outside looked like a rock on the moon...

PS. He was the only one in his class that used fondant LOL and his teacher loved it!

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%