I Want To Cheat

Decorating By bakingtattedjae Updated 13 Dec 2013 , 5:39pm by bakingtattedjae

bakingtattedjae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingtattedjae Posted 11 Dec 2013 , 3:09am
post #1 of 8

AI want to make mini molten lava cakes for my holiday party, but I dont want to make them from scratch. Normally I wouldn't half step but I want this to be a no hassle party...any suggestions

7 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Dec 2013 , 3:24am
post #2 of 8

hey cake mix are people too--something like that--

you needing permission on this?

do it!

'no hassle' is the best way--you are fully authorized to cut every corner you wanna cut--

however if you're doing spinach artichoke dip--avoid the tgif's frozen--it's all sauce no green stuff--

i have a super easy and muy delicious cheese ball recipe  if you need it--

early christmas present because you've been so good this year--ok most of the year but good enough wth

:-D

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 11 Dec 2013 , 3:48am
post #3 of 8

Cheating is good. Very good! We need to have a thread about the merits of mixes versus hauling out all the ingredients to make cake.   

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 11 Dec 2013 , 4:12am
post #4 of 8

.......We need to have a thread about the merits of mixes versus hauling out all the ingredients to make cake.  .............

YIKES!! Not again :)   There are soooooo many threads on box mix vs scratch already :)

-K8memphis Posted 11 Dec 2013 , 4:15am
post #5 of 8

king arthur has a mix

-K8memphis Posted 11 Dec 2013 , 4:25am
post #7 of 8

and unless you find a specific recipe for mini cakes--i'd make them the right size that the recipe calls for--those buggers can be tricky--but otherwise just test it first on one or two cakes and fine tune the baking time--but then you've lost the hassle free aspect--

this is pretty easy

http://www.ghirardelli.com/recipes-tips/recipes/individual-chocolate-lava-cakes

bakingtattedjae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingtattedjae Posted 13 Dec 2013 , 5:39pm
post #8 of 8

AThanks for all the input. Im going to cut corners this time and see how they turn out. Cross my fingers I dont have to trash them and go scratch,anyway

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%