"shape 'n Amaze" Question

Decorating By ShandiKakes Updated 9 Dec 2013 , 8:35pm by ShandiKakes

ShandiKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShandiKakes Posted 8 Dec 2013 , 1:30pm
post #1 of 7

Has anyone used the Wilton "Shape 'n Amaze" yet?  I am going to use it to make a bow and a few pine branches for a cake topper and was wondering if anyone knew how much drying time it requires?  I need it for a cake the weekend before Christmas.  Thanks!  :D

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Dec 2013 , 2:21pm
post #2 of 7

i put items in my warming drawer to dry out for a few hours, i use cornstarch in my fondant and the least amount of time is about two hours--if your dough is made right and you are air drying you need overnight -- two days max -- however you can certainly make those pieces now if you want--just keep them out of direct light -- no problem --

ShandiKakes Posted 8 Dec 2013 , 4:52pm
post #3 of 7

AOk. Thank You so much!

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 8 Dec 2013 , 6:04pm
post #4 of 7

AI had never heard of this Shape-N-Amaze stuff so I looked it up.

Seriously? Only Wilton could come up with such a dumb name for modeling paste!

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 8 Dec 2013 , 6:09pm
post #5 of 7

AI got a couple packs for free, so tried it out. I made a shoe with it, took about 72 hours to completely dry. It feels and handles like plasticine. Just don't make the mistake of tasting it.

IowaBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IowaBaker Posted 9 Dec 2013 , 6:22am
post #6 of 7

LOL! My sister-in-law made our nephew an Angry Bird cake with Shape 'n Amaze as the beak and I had to try it because I'm curious. It was very blah.

ShandiKakes Posted 9 Dec 2013 , 8:35pm
post #7 of 7

AYea I stumbled on it a few days ago online otherwise hadn't heard of it either. I don't plan to taste it haha. It's just for a family cake. Wanted to try it out. I made two different bows with some red and it handles nicely enough I thought. I normally make my own sugar paste and was curious. :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%