Help Regarding Overnight Storage

Decorating By aprilfromLa Updated 6 Dec 2013 , 8:04pm by -K8memphis

aprilfromLa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilfromLa Posted 6 Dec 2013 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 4

AHey guys I need your help again! I'm making a 10' 8 ' 6' wasc (actually they're defrosting now) for tomorrow at noon. I wanted to get it decorated and ready because I have to be at my aunts party in the morning to help set it up. ( the cake is something my mom asked for)

Anyway I started thinking if where I could store the cake overnight. I really don't want to store it on the counter because I have a dog and because it's cold here and we have a heater in the kitchen and it gets warm. I was going to store it on a table in a spare room that has no heat but then I started worrying about bugs being let in from outside lol. I live in rural louisiana and there's bugs everywhere lol. So then I thought maybe I can fill the cake layers with this delicious strawberry filling I finally found was easy enough to make so I didn't have to go to the store and then wrap them up with clear wrap and store in the fridge. Maybe with the crumb coat? I wanted to wrap them so one of my 3 kids couldn't stick their fingers around it. So do you think it would be okay to fill the layers, do the crumb coat ,wrap them up separately (so I'll have room in the fridge) and wake up early early to bring to room temp and start icing n decorating. Thanks in advance.

3 replies
ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 6 Dec 2013 , 5:35pm
post #2 of 4

I store all of my cakes in the frig.   Whether crumbcoated, iced or fondanted.     I find our normal household refrigerators have a great humidity control that I never have condensation.   They are always dry as a bone.    Southeast Louisiana here.

aprilfromLa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilfromLa Posted 6 Dec 2013 , 5:43pm
post #3 of 4

AThanks! I'm in southwest. Not far from the gulf, and not far from Texas.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Dec 2013 , 8:04pm
post #4 of 4

i too store all my cakes in the freezer or fridge--i'm in memphis--i'd figure you are both more humid and hot than west tennessee but we have our fair share--

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%