Chocolate Amaretto Cupcakes With Filling

Baking By mnurlife Updated 6 Dec 2013 , 3:32am by BatterUpCake

mnurlife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mnurlife Posted 5 Dec 2013 , 1:39am
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone!! I want to make a chocolate amaretto cupcake with some type of filling. I'm stumped though.  I was going to add amaretto instead of vanilla to my chocolate cupcake recipe and I'm not sure what to do about the frosting and filling. Should I do a chocolate frosting with Amaretto? 

If you have any tips/ideas it would be much appreciated. 

Thank you.

6 replies
CreationsbyNicole Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreationsbyNicole Posted 5 Dec 2013 , 4:22am
post #2 of 7

I would mae two batches of frosting; one with and one without the amaretto and taste them to see what you think.  Personally I think it would be delicious with, souds yummy!

You could also try making a type of simple syrup to brush on the cakes if you are looking for a stonger flavor.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 5 Dec 2013 , 4:36pm
post #3 of 7

Depending on how strongly you wanted the chocolate flavor, you could fill it with an amaretto ganache.  Brush the cupcakes with straight amaretto, and then make an amaretto (not chocolate) buttercream for the top. 

getonthemove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
getonthemove Posted 5 Dec 2013 , 4:54pm
post #4 of 7

I second AnnieCahill on the amaretto ganache.  That was the first thing that popped into my head when I read your post.  Chocolate cupcake filled with amaretto ganache covered in amaretto buttercream.  My mouth is drooling, think I should go make some cupcakes.

mnurlife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mnurlife Posted 6 Dec 2013 , 2:03am
post #5 of 7

OMG you guys are amazing!!! I can't wait to make these now! I knew I just needed an extra push to get this idea to come together.

Matt

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 6 Dec 2013 , 3:11am
post #6 of 7

AJust be generous with the amaretto. It's very mild up against the chocolate. Your buttercream recipe should be able to hold a good amount of it.

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 6 Dec 2013 , 3:32am
post #7 of 7

I like the idea of the ganache!! But lately I have been buying the jello cheesecake and flavoring that. It would be really good too I think.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%