Help Matching Bc Shades! Brown Americolor Turned It Red-Ish

Decorating By Horselady Updated 1 Dec 2013 , 2:08pm by -K8memphis

Horselady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Horselady Posted 30 Nov 2013 , 3:59pm
post #1 of 6

I made maple BC and it tinted it a brown sugar color... So when I made the next batch non maple i added a tiny bit of brown and it has made it pinkish red. What should I do??? wedding cake, needs to match :(

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 Nov 2013 , 4:28pm
post #2 of 6

take a spoonful of each and combine them--if you like the color then go with that--otherwise could you fill the cake with one and coat the cake with the other? 

of course make it all maple is another option

but rehabilitating the reddish into something workable is unlikely unless this color works for your design or you could probably get to a peachy color by adding yellow or an orange color adding the same...

or you could take a spoonful of the reddish and add cocoa powder to take it browner?

but i'd advise that you don't work with all of it till you test--

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 30 Nov 2013 , 7:29pm
post #3 of 6

Take a small portion of the too reddish and add a touch of green and see if that helps.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Nov 2013 , 9:33pm
post #4 of 6

It just may need time to develope the color.  Many colors will start out 'wrong' then after sitting for hours will come up to the color you are looking for - or at least closer to it.

Horselady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Horselady Posted 1 Dec 2013 , 4:09am
post #5 of 6

I ended up adding the brown to the maple batch and so the cake turned out a deep ivory, which is what the bride wanted. It just stressed me out. nd yes, as it sat the non maple BC became lighter/less red. :)

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Dec 2013 , 2:08pm
post #6 of 6

awesome! kakeladi knows her stuff!

so glad that worked out so well for you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%