Professional Kitchen Help

Business By GsMommy111 Updated 30 Nov 2013 , 1:41pm by leah_s

GsMommy111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GsMommy111 Posted 29 Nov 2013 , 7:38pm
post #1 of 3

Hello!  I have a question for the professional bakers out there.  I am a home-baker.  My uncle owns a golf course in my area and we have talked about me selling desserts there.  However, they don't have an oven in the kitchen.  Yesterday he told me that during the winter months, he is thinking of redoing the kitchen in the club house.  He told me he is going to look to me as to how things should be done!  That is very exciting, and scary at the same time!  Being a home-baker, I have NO idea what should go in that kitchen!  Other than an oven!  I am wondering if any of you can give me some advice or direction?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 replies
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 29 Nov 2013 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 3

AI would recommend contacting your local health dept for guidance on what is required for a commercial kitchen to pass inspection.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 30 Nov 2013 , 1:41pm
post #3 of 3

AMany health departments require you to submit the renovation plans in advance particularly the plumbing riser diagram for pre-approval before any construction begins.

Quote by @%username% on %date%