Chocolate Cake

Decorating By Garibay Updated 1 Dec 2013 , 5:40am by Garibay

Garibay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Garibay Posted 28 Nov 2013 , 10:53pm
post #1 of 6

AHi cake lovers, I am new in this bake world and am triying to bake a chocolate cake with chocolate ganache as an icing and them cover with fondant and my question for you experts is; how long can I bake and icing the bake in advance this is my first time doing cocholate cake and my second with fondant, please help anyone?!! Sorry for my English

5 replies
Garibay Posted 28 Nov 2013 , 10:55pm
post #2 of 6

AHow long can I bake my cake in advance, I have no idea how long can keep the cake in the fridge before put the fondant!,

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Nov 2013 , 6:41am
post #3 of 6

Sorry it has taken so long to reply to your ? but in America this is a big holiday and not many people are on the board :)

A cake that has been baked properly can be wrapped in plastic/cling wrap and frozen for up to 3 months.  If you can't/don't want to freeze it, it can be kept for 3 to 5 days.  Alot depends on your location - if not in the U.S. and it's a very humid area the fewer days the better!    It also depends on the cake recipe.  Is it a typical American cake?  Or more of a mud cake?  These factors all determine how long it will stay fresh.

Garibay Posted 1 Dec 2013 , 12:33am
post #4 of 6

AThank you thank you, kakeladi!!! I am new in Vancouver, Canada and also in baking, planing to bake a chocolate cake and the filling is ganache and sorry but what is a mud cake? Cheers

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Dec 2013 , 4:16am
post #5 of 6

........ but what is a mud cake?..........

It's what they make in Australia.  I've never made one :)

Garibay Posted 1 Dec 2013 , 5:40am
post #6 of 6

AOhh, well live and learn!!!! Hello from Canada

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%