How Do I Make These Flowers?

Decorating By kellyk1234 Updated 24 Nov 2013 , 7:22pm by JWinslow

kellyk1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyk1234 Posted 24 Nov 2013 , 4:43pm
post #1 of 5

Can anyone suggest a video or instruction on how to make these flowers for a fiesta cake? I feel a little silly asking because it seems so simple to make, but are they ruffled and rolled from one piece of fondant/gumpaste, or is it done in layers? Also, would it be better to use fondant or gumpaste? and I'd also rather make them with a wire. And is there a better name for them besides fiesta flowers/ruffle flowers because I cant find much just googling those names. Thanks in advance!

4 replies
kellyk1234 Posted 24 Nov 2013 , 6:04pm
post #2 of 5

Well, I answered my own question (HA!) and here is a great video on how to make the CARNATIONS from gumpaste!

just incase anyone has the same questions! :)

h0mesweeth0me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
h0mesweeth0me Posted 24 Nov 2013 , 6:06pm
post #3 of 5

AHi. Those flowers are really cute. There are a few ideAs that can help you out: go to www.cakefu.com and search for "ruffle flowers". There she has 7 great idea for making similar flowers. Good luck!

kellyk1234 Posted 24 Nov 2013 , 6:17pm
post #4 of 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by h0mesweeth0me 

Hi. Those flowers are really cute. There are a few ideAs that can help you out: go to www.cakefu.com and search for "ruffle flowers". There she has 7 great idea for making similar flowers. Good luck!

Thank you! Those are some good tutorials!  I ended up just searching "Wicked Goodies" like in the picture and they actually have a book on how to make that cake and the flowers, and it says the flowers are carnations.

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 24 Nov 2013 , 7:22pm
post #5 of 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellyk1234 

Thank you! Those are some good tutorials!  I ended up just searching "Wicked Goodies" like in the picture and they actually have a book on how to make that cake and the flowers, and it says the flowers are carnations.

Just so you aware, the flowers on the cake are made of modeling chocolate and they are in the Wicked Goodies Book on how to make them.  You can make them out of gumpaste/fondant also.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%